Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions: Ingame Currency

Ah, but it is free to play, and no-one has to pay subscriptions, no-one has to BUY boosters, etc... And if boosters packs are ever for sale in the AH for in-game currency, not real money, ANY player could participate just by being dedicated, and even beat those paying for it.

It is just up to how the devs are handling it.

Speaking of Devs, thanks for the clarifying Kyle, I wasn't aware of the gem thing, and knowing cards you earn in PvE aren't eligible in PvP (ever, barring the exceptions for fun) is handy. Too bad you can't earn some PvP stuff by playing PvE, I won't know how to divide my time to get the most out of the game.

Master Theorycrafter
    Which is an excellent business model, if you ask me!

Im really a bit upset that some PvE only cards are PvE only. Like the 2/1 knight that mills the opponent when it attacks and summons something out of thier GY when ti dies. What is the reasoning behind that being PvE only? Seems like an amazing card!

Devoted Emissary
    Probably the sheer awesomeness for a two cost. A lot of the pve exclusives i seem have to have powerful effects for a comparitvly low cost, and the sheer OP awesomeness of the spectral lotus.....

Well, to be fair, I think they could do PvE sets, and the siccessful ones could be reprinted in PvP sets - that way they can go a little crazy, and see what works.

So maybe that knight might be reprinted in a PvP set sometime!

Plenty of "cosmetic only" pay models out there for F2P games. . . don't be so narrow in your views; it's counter productive

With regards to the split game would two accounts be preferable for most players then?
    Selling off collections is a pretty common occurrence for TCGs anyway. . . might be good to be ahead of the curve on this one

...and by that I mean have support for account mergers and such when people are ready for a break and are selling off their lot

Quote Originally Posted by OP_Kyle View Post
    Things you earn in PvE will not impact your PvP experience.
    Does this mean that when doing PvE content you will never get additional "normal" cards as a reward?

I understand that equipment and such are PvE-exclusive, and that nothing legal in PvP will ever be only available through PvE. But can someone who plays a lot of dungeons but doesn't buy boosters eventually build up a decent collection of normal set cards to build decks from?

Devoted Emissary
    Hate to say it, but I'm kinda glad they dont give pvp stuff from pve. It would reduce the value of the pvp cards, and for people like me that like to do draft and limited, and then sell off the cards to fund my "habit" i like that value wont be affected by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boojum View Post
    Does this mean that when doing PvE content you will never get additional "normal" cards as a reward?

I understand that equipment and such are PvE-exclusive, and that nothing legal in PvP will ever be only available through PvE. But can someone who plays a lot of dungeons but doesn't buy boosters eventually build up a decent collection of normal set cards to build decks from?
    We want to make sure that cards you get in PvE are from PvE-features and cards you get for PvP are from boosters. We need to be sure not to cause confusion for players. The message of "Everything you need for PvP can be found in boosters" streamlines the communication and gives the players a clear direction to proceed. Once they have that clear direction, and start exploring things as they are comfortable, they'll learn where all the other bells and whistles come from. On the other side, being able to say "Go run some dungeons and raids and you'll get more cards you can play in dungeons and raids" is also a very clear message.

HEX is full of incredibly awesome features! Creating simple signposts for players to start will help make good experience for any player that is not as up to speed as all of you :-)

Gold you earn in PVE could always be used to buy booster packs off the AH couldn't it? That would allow someone who mainly plays PVE to get PVP cards.

Devoted Emissary
    I'm guessing it could Daer, just the rates would be kind of high, like any in game currency to real cash item comparison. plus even the fact that it's possible will draw in gold farmers.