Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Questions: Ingame Currency

Master Theorycrafter
    What will Gold be used for, then, really?

Im having a hard time marrying the concept of MMO and TCG together. Im sure the answers are obvious, im just not picking up on them yet!

Devoted Emissary
    Same thing gold is used for a standard MMO i'm guessing, equipment, cards, rep rewards, plus the things like the keeps they've talked about.

Master Theorycrafter
    Oh yeah, I didnt mention how sweet that sounded! Im very keen on seeing that in action.

Doesnt sound like it from the description, but id love for them to find a way to marry Tower Defense gameplay and TCG's together (My initial thought when they said Keep Defense)

Devoted Emissary
    It sounds more like how a couple of ccgs on facebook and such do it, where you set up a deck for other people to beat, and get prizes when they lose against it.

Master Theorycrafter
    Yeah, whcih still sounds awesome fun! What games do this? First ive heard of the concept!

Devoted Emissary
    Warzone, Conquest, a couple others. And as cool as the concept sounds, these games re resoundingly meh at best, so i wouldnt bother with them. They are technically ccgs, but for the most part you just make a deck and it auto plays, and you can buy just flat better cards then any other.

Master Theorycrafter
    Yeah, thats my experience in general with dTCG. Which is why Im very excited in this new age of hex, IW and (maybe) Hearthstone. Kings and Legends was fun until I hit the pay wall and had no way of beating others who had climbed it (around level 40).