Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on existing cards

Comments on existing cards

I figured it might be reasonable to open a thread to discuss/address already known cards, especially with the beta still closed and no "bug / suggestion forum"-forum open at the moment.

"Runts of the Litter" --> This Basic Action says "Create three Battle Hoppers". Those are 0 ATK 1 DEF creatures, but it doesn't say so on the card itself. It might already have been changed, but I figured it cannot hurt to mention it anyway to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

The cards seem to not be as descriptive as they could be. Probably because it's not a physical game and the computer will take care of token creation and things like that but it sounds like one would need to rely on an outside wiki or something to now exact card effects.

This shouldn't be an issue, even if it is a digital game. A card, that says "Create three Battle Hoppers", has to explain, what that excactly means, because otherwise it doesn't make sense to include it for a player. It is a TCG and not a lottery. Battle Hoppers could be 3 ATK 3 DEF guys for all you know. I agree, checking the mana costs does make it look unreasonable, but we shouldn't have to guess the outcome of a card unless it really is something, that says "50 / 50 chance for either option" or anything like that

Gigantisaur
    I think since it's digital, you'll just mouseouver "Battle Hoppers" and see a description pop up

~

Devoted Emissary
    Yea, legends of norrath does a similar thing, you just mouse over the card name of the change. I'm thinking that in the actual game, deck editor, collection, etc, it will be easy to see refrence cards.

You seem to be correct here, yeah. I watched the gameplay video once more and looking carefully at the card at 3:48 it seems that the name "Battle Hoppers" itself does indicate a link there, so if so, this matter is already addresed of course

Is it just me or does the "Petulant Wyldebeest" look incredible strong? A 3/3 with speed for 1 mana, which at the end of the turn goes into your deck as a 6/6 with speed for 1 mana?

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads...e_Gear_Web.png

But since it offers equipment slots as well, I guess its a PvE-only card, which of course does make it look totally different balancing wise.

Devoted Emissary
    Just because it offers Equipment doesnt mean it's PvE only. Look at the pvp cards listed on the kicstarter backer page, and they all have equipment as well.

Devoted Emissary
    And as for it's power, a one drop 3/3 with haste and essentially lasts one turn is powerful, but it's similar ish in power to a 3 damage dd spell or some such. The going back in the deck thing is powerful, but since that is kinda new to this game i'm curious to how they will play with the power structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehlo View Post
    Just because it offers Equipment doesnt mean it's PvE only. Look at the pvp cards listed on the kicstarter backer page, and they all have equipment as well.
    You are correct, yeah. It seems cards for PvP do provide equipment-slots as well, but as it says HERE --> "Equipment is exclusive to the PVE campaign."

So you simply cannot use the equipment from those cards while playing a pvp match.

I do think though, that a one drop 3/3 with speed for one turn, thats goes back into the deck once and is a one drop 6/6 with haste after that is incredibly strong.

But I do agree, that with all the permanent increase of attack and defense in this game, we might have to get used to a different power structure at first