Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some questions

Some questions

1)Does each card need to be upgraded individually or are all of the same cards upgraded at the same time?

2)Are all cards obtainable via pve or will there be exclusive cards only obtainable by a few people? (not including kickstarter exclusives)

3)Are the kickstarters tradable?

4)How should i pledge if i wanted 4 copies of the kickstarter exclusive cards?

5)Doesn't some of the kickstarter cards sounds a little too OP?

6)On the off chance this game get ported to ipad/iphone, will they still use the same account as the pc one?

Gigantisaur
    1/ Each card is unique : http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23018

2/ All non-exclusive cards will be available in boosters, and it seems that PvE gives you ingame money which you can buy boosters with

3/ Kickstarter Exclusive cards will be tradable

4/ 2 accounts with Collector/Grand King+ (and you trade from one account to another)

5/ OPness in PVE is no problem, you'll just have easier time going thru content, as is true in WOW with heirloom stuff

6/ I don't see a reason why not

~

Regarding question #2:

You will have several options of obtaining cards in this game. You can officially buy boosters, you can trade/buy cards and boosters in the auction house or directly from players and you will be able to gain cards from completing dungeons etc, as you can see here:

http://hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/

Check out the "Go For The Gold"-part

2)So there will be exclusives? E.g. Card only obtainable from winning tournaments?

4)Can cryptozoic elaborate on this. So i need 2 kickstarter acct and 2 hex acct to do this?

You will have to use two Kickstarter Accounts and donate for "The Collectors Tier" or anything above that twice, yes. After that you need to transfer all cards from one account to the other.

Kickstarter doesn't offer multiple tier rewards and the current tiers don't include anything that provides more than two of the exclusive kickstarter cards.

As far as how trading works do both people need to be online at the same time? Like if I have an account and my brother has an account can I just send him some cards whenever or does he have to be online? Is there friends list? What about in a guild, say I have a bunch of commons I don't want, can I just put them in the guild bank for anyone in the guild to take?

Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    As far as how trading works do both people need to be online at the same time? Like if I have an account and my brother has an account can I just send him some cards whenever or does he have to be online? Is there friends list? What about in a guild, say I have a bunch of commons I don't want, can I just put them in the guild bank for anyone in the guild to take?
    1) There is a mail system, so you can just mail things to people that are offline.
    2) Friends list = Yes!
    3) Guild Bank = Yes, not sure if there will be a common pool to access, but there will be common decks. Let me explain:

Guildies will be able to create decks and put them into the guild bank (I believe there are a limited number of slots). Any guild member will then be able to "check them out" and play them against other guild members (can't play them against non-guild members or in tournaments). Think of this like a "gauntlet" where you put all the best decks in the current format in there, then you and your guildies test out all your decks against the guild decks to see if your strategies are working. We want to make sure deck testing is easy and intuitive for you.

You won't be able to trade the cards in these decks, and the original owner can check them back out for good or just to modify them. Also, only one person can have one of these checked in decks in a game at a time.

Lastly, we are also thinking of some way for guilds to gain the ability to have the top decks of major tournaments populated into their deck repository to play against.

Kyle, since you already are asking questions about the guild-bank. Will it be possible to put a deck into the guild bank and then play against this deck without another player using it? It says HERE "Advanced, cutting edge AI will challenge players of all skill levels while still being accessible."

It would be amazing to be able to let the AI use a selfmade deck and play against it, thereby testing two decks at once or having the AI play a tournament deck, you are struggling against, over and over again until your own deck is polished enough.
    Last edited by Storm_Fireblade; 05-09-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Fireblade View Post
    Kyle, since you already are asking questions about the guild-bank. Will it be possible to put a deck into the guild bank and then play against this deck without another player using it? It says HERE "Advanced, cutting edge AI will challenge players of all skill levels while still being accessible."

It would be amazing to be able to let the AI use a selfmade deck and play against it, thereby testing two decks at once or having the AI play a tournament deck, you are struggling against, over and over againt until your own deck is polished enough.
    We have discussed that, but it may not be something we do at launch.

Thanks for the answer. Glad to hear you guys at least considered it already. That does let me hope for the future or maybe even one of the stretch goals