Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Garden

Master Theorycrafter

Lotus Garden

What do you guys think about the Lotus Garden? The Lotus card? The lotus tiger?

I think its a great concept, but it seems tehre are going to be more people with it than without it at this rate. And for the cards themselves, I dont see them as being overly useful.

Still, I LOVE the idea. A stroke of genius IMO. I also enjoy having exclusive things

Devoted Emissary
    On one end, the card is amazingly useful. It's magic's black lotus but better. It's a free card, an artifact, and can accelerate you out the gate to ridiculous levels. Imagine having 2 in your starting hand, and first turn dropping a 7 cost beater.

As far as more people having it then not, currently a little less then half of the kickstarter funders will have it, but like any kickstarter the game will grow past this small initial sampling and in the long run i would not be surprised if it was <1%

Master Theorycrafter
    Better than Black lotus? Im thought ti didnt give you resources, just thresholds?

Devoted Emissary
    +3/0 resources, which is this games way of saying +3 mana for this turn only

Master Theorycrafter
    Well then! Im happier with it now! Thanks for clearing that up for me

Devoted Emissary
    plus the card draw, plus the threshold being permanent (From what i can tell), and plus the fairly good black tiger, it's like black lotus on steroids :P

Yeah, from a MtG view, it is SOOO OP, buuut... Banned for PvP, and it is literally one use per card, so you have to use them wisely. On the upside, if you find yourself with an excess, it will sell very well on the AH (which is why I am considering the King pledge, I have a feeling that if the game is a hit, the lotus will pay it all back on it's own, and more.)

Not to mention the art is pretty nice, and the tiger is just as amazing.

Think of the cards together for a moment - lotus, use the power for free mana, play the tiger - you just drew 2 cards and got a free monster, not to mention if you have other cards in your hand, you could use it for those instead. Plus that tiger can go in ANY deck, and is very nice for it's cost (no threshold cost and 3 mana for a free card and a 3/1 beater?)

Let's just say that the tiger alone would be enough if it was for PvP and not PvE, but both together is pretty amazing haha.

Infernal Professor
    Ya it looks pretty crazy.

The wild growth card in the bunny vs orc video looks familiar ha.

Devoted Emissary
    I also like the idea of playing 4 lotus in for example a deck with the dwarf mercenary. They essentially lower your deck size at that point and count as a couple extra artifacts, both really really good things. Plus that way they dont go pop

Yeah, nothing wrong with fre draws, and if it uses some other Magic-esque rules later, permanents you can tap/exhaust can be really useful for some strats, and having free ones are better. For example, the artifact decks from about 5-6 years back (not sure exactly how long it was) would just splurge artifacts and use them to lower the costs of the higher monsters... The lotus would be godly in that sort of deck.