Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tournament prizes?

Ashenor, I would if I could. However I am not a native here, and the economy is really tight, and jobs are rare. I don't even have a main job right now, and I have a "side" job, delivering papers, and every cent goes to food and bills.

Which is the whole reason I am stressing out about wether or not to make a one time splurge and go king tier, or save the money...

EDIT: Mehlo, I plan to spend time on the free side, but it is sad if I can't compete in PvP just because I cant make ends meet every month. If they had free ones with a lower tier of reward, I would be happy enough, but not being able to feel like I can be competetive just because I can't afford it really sucks.

I used to play MTG, never spent more than a couple of boosters, and through clever trading, and careful playing, I did quite well, and I will feel quite sad if I can't play any kind of PvP without offering up money I don't have.

I do like that they have included premuim currency for cards, etc, and that might alleviate my issues, but I will have to work twice as hard in-game just to participate, and that seems like a raw deal. Ah well.
    Last edited by Xenavire; 05-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Infernal Professor
    Ah ok Xenavire sorry for your situation. I have always bartended weekends as a second job to help fund my gaming addictions .

Devoted Emissary
    Xenavire, my suggestion would be to farm in the PvE side, grab enough cheap commons and uncommons off the auction house, and see if they have pauper style tournaments

Eternal Guardian
    I think it has been said that nothing you gain in PvE can be used in PVP. The PvP cards have to originate from boosters. Now the stuff you gain in PvE might be able to be traded for unopened boosters or piles of commons and uncommons.
    Go Fish

Devoted Emissary
    That was my point, commons and uncommons will probably flood the auction house at reasonably low prices even for PvE currency, since anyone that drafts a lot for example will have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too many (looks at the strewn about magic cards in his appartment)

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehlo View Post
    That was my point, commons and uncommons will probably flood the auction house at reasonably low prices even for PvE currency, since anyone that drafts a lot for example will have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too many (looks at the strewn about magic cards in his appartment)
    Sorry, for some reason read it as farm commons and uncommons from PvE.
    Go Fish

Well I think if I am dedicated, I can get some decent cards, and if PvE players start buying PvE cards to make niche decks or for raiding progression, I might be able to make the entry fees, but it is a lot of work - I would be better off getting a full time job and playing for 2 hours in the weekend, and just buying all the cards I want with money.

But I will make do with what I have, and I am considering taking the plunge and getting king tier - perhaps I can sell the lotus I dont need to make enough for tournaments. I wonder how much they will go for?

Devoted Emissary
    That's going to depend on how many players the game ends up with, but considering they are the most powerfull pve card currently shown, and one offs, they will quite possible have a moderate value

Yeah, I figured that myself, but it makes we wonder what the precise value is likely to be - a dollar? Two? Ten? Or a few cents?

If I could feel more confidant about that, I would be more sure about sinking money into it.

Devoted Emissary
    I would guess maybe around 50 cents? And while that may not seem like a lot, will pay for itself inside of a year