Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could we get a list of all the ways to increase our collection?

Could we get a list of all the ways to increase our collection?

I've been looking around for info about how to get new cards, and its all jumbled up.
    There are only a few things i know for certain:

1) You get gold from pve and you can sue that in the auction house to buy specific cards people are selling.
    2) You can get cards from pve.
    3) You can buy platinum for real money.
    4) You can buy boosters for platinum.
    5) You will need boosters in order to play draft mode.

Thats all I could find out, and my questions are:

1) Can you buy boosters for gold?
    1a) if not, this means draft is only available for hard cash?
    2) Can you earn gold from pvp? I hate it when games are pvp focused (come on, its a tcg after all :P) and dont let you advance\customize without playing pve.

I'm really looking forward to this game. It seems to me that this is my dream come true ever since I stoped playing MTG, I just wanna know if it is XD

Master Theorycrafter
    No boosters from Crytozoiac for gold. I believe boosters can be put on the AH though and sold for in-game gold. But mostly, yes. Boosters are a cash purchase and drafting would be easier if you had cash. (Im just going to save my mountain of boosters for drafting purposes. Im set for a year!)

No gold in PvP. If you want to do PvE content, you do PvE. If you want to do PvP content, you do PvP. They are VERY firm on this stance, unfortunately (Id also enjoy a bit of bleed through).
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

uuuf , this will cost a lot then if you don't have the option to use your PvE currency for draft .
    what I would like to suggest , is making a "draft with friends" option or "draft with cards you don't get to keep " for people who enjoy draft but won't afford to do it for real money that often .

draft with friends would be something like : I have this 100 booster pile , let's have an 8 man draft with 32 of my boosters for fun (of course the owner then retains his cards after the draft .
    draft with cards you don't get to keep , same as above but with boosters from the game , and the game then takes them away .

I know it's not exactly how you're supposed to do it , but even in Real TCGs , every so often some guy buys box , then takes 8 friends and drafts , since it's more fun to open your box that way .

this would go a long way to let some people have fun even if they don't have huge wallets .
    "Kneel before me and repent!"

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Master Theorycrafter
    Well the boosters we get as backers will allow us to draft. Keep that in mind.

They also mentioned developing a cube draft feature, which would allow guilds to create a cube and do drafts with that. Which would really be great for the community and social aspect of the game. Now you just need to find a good guild. *COUGH*LOOKATMYSIGNATURE*COUGH*
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

Quote Originally Posted by WWKnight View Post
    No gold in PvP. If you want to do PvE content, you do PvE. If you want to do PvP content, you do PvP. They are VERY firm on this stance, unfortunately (Id also enjoy a bit of bleed through).
    What do you mean?
    Lets say I want to play against other people and not an AI (lets face it, no matter how good the AI is, playing vs people is just more fun) what, im supposed to do it with the starter deck for the rest of my days?
    Theres no way whatsoever to get new cards from pvp? :P

Master Theorycrafter
    You pay money. Or you win tournaments. Those two are likely closely related though.

I'm guessing it might be possible to get "free" entries into PvP events by trading PvE cards, equipment, and/or currency. It would likely take a lot of time to get "enough" to trade for enough boosters/"tickets" to enter a draft. And probably longer to get a deck worthy of a constructed tourney. Though if you are an excellent horse trader or have awesome luck on PvE drops, maybe this could work out for you.

Gigantisaur
    The game is free 2 play as in you don't have to spend RL money to have fun.
    CZE is still a business tho

~

The f2p side is the PVE side. Sure you might be able to get some pvp cards and boosters on the AH with gold but the PVP side is mainly built around buying boosters.

Master Theorycrafter
    You could always trade rare PvE drops for boosters. @ $2 a pop, I think boosters will be a third source of currency. I know im planning on not opening any and keeping them for drafts/trading leverage.