Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mephistophelius

Mephistophelius

Mephis lv10 ability says: Skip your draw step. [1]: Reveal the top card of your deck. Lose health equal to its cost then put it into your hand.

Does that makes sense to anyone or is it a typo and it was meant to say "put it into play"?

Devoted Emissary
    It sounds like put it into your hand. The cool part of it is that you can do it any number of times a turn, and you combine it with deck stacking cards from blue. At least that is my view of it

well if it can be use more that once in a turn then i see how it coulld be good i just assumed it would be only once per turn since it makes you skip your draw step.

Gigantisaur
    You pay 1 resource to "draw" a card without drawing it (avoids triggers on drawing) and you lose health equal to its cost.
    It's a nerfed Necropotence from MtG (tho it's abusable with very cheap casting costs deck)

~

Ah, necropotence, how it made me cry like a little baby when legacy multiplayer games would turn into a giant combo-fest. Almost as bad as the decks that used howling mines to fuel crazy combos.

Gigantisaur
    Drawing is the best power in TCGs

~

Quote Originally Posted by icyangelus View Post
    Mephis lv10 ability says: Skip your draw step. [1]: Reveal the top card of your deck. Lose health equal to its cost then put it into your hand.

Does that makes sense to anyone or is it a typo and it was meant to say "put it into play"?
    Hehe. never played Magic before?

That ability is nuts. Too bad you have to pay [1]

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post

That's why I think it's bad, you have to pay 1 + too much life

~

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post

I played magic but only for a short while. But yeah I can see how good it can be, for some reason i assumed it was a onceper turn thing =P
    2xPro Player

As a PVE champion I think he has a lot of potential for abuse, especially in Raid type enviroment.

I see myself using him with a Sapphire/Artifact with lots of additional card drawing effects, cost reduction effects and perhaps life gain.

The big thing is that there is no timing instructions on this card. Instant speed card draw is huge. And also you don't lose any life if the card you draw is a resource or a 0 cost card (Spectral Lotus anyone?). I just wish his level 15 ability didn't have the word Random in it.