Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction House design type?

Auction House design type?

It will be more like WoW AH (http://www.wowwiki.com/Auction_House) with per player listings and browsing through single offers..
    Or maybe...
    more like GW2 TP (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post) with per item and price (asking price) listings, buy and sell orders and FIFO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFO_and_LIFO_accounting) selling/accounting.

I think its preety important thing... both systems have pros and cons... GW2 one is good when you buyng and seeling lot of cheap stuff at fixed price and have buy orders and its more like big trade market (or stock exchange) not aution house when WoW type one is great if you want auction (bidding) stuff or if you want buy for specific player.

Both interfaces have some cons too (gl with browsing thru 1221423 common card offers with WoW per item interface... GW2 does this things lot better.

Maybe dev can sged some light on this topic? Im very corious what type of tradng will this game use. Its game with one big server (all players together) so not overflowing AH and its interface is important idea (thats why GW2 will go woth trading post way - because they have one big economy - TPs from servers are connected).

I also encourage other player to share they thoughts about AHs... maybe some AH addicts hera? I must say that flipping and operating on buy/sell orders in GW2 was very fun and addicting (when it last - i quit this game long time ago).
    "Wrath is no vice when inflicted upon the deserving."

i would like to see a ragnarok like market, where every player can open his/her shop and put the prizes.

off-topic: op dies to doomblade.

The problem with a market-style store (like RO) is that when you have a lot of players setting up shop, it's damn near impossible to find what you want.

Gigantisaur
    There need to be a Right-Click browse AH on the collection UI

~
    Last edited by Fireblast; 05-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    There need to be a Right-Click browse AH on the collection UI

~
    Good idea.

Combine this with ability to show all cards (not only ones that you own - they may be grayed out or smth) in collection UI and "buy more on AH" option... yea... definitely will work..

GW2 have this for 99% of items... 'but more at TP" option.

I played WoW for 4-6 years and I think they have a great AH design. I think it would be a great fit with some tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by MirriCatWarrior View Post
    Both interfaces have some cons too (gl with browsing thru 1221423 common card offers with WoW per item interface...
    This doesn't happen in WoW because of their search feature. You search for whatever you want and boom you get the cheapest one on the AH that pops up and list of all the next in lines.

I do hope they implement a feature like the addon Auctionator has which is when you search for something that has a list of all the different items that have that same name or words in the name and lists them out and you click which one you were actually looking for. Then you see all the prices for that item, so you are not overwhelmed at once with all the prices for all the different cards at a low price when the card you are looking for is 50 pages in because it has a slightly higher price.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

I actually just had a thought, what about cards with interesting double back unlocks? Those will raise prices, but if someone wanted to search for a certian card with a certain unlock, could they do that?

I am interested on how the devs have managed all the little things. It seems like they have to micro manage all the micromanagement.

I can't even invent a funny term for the idea of such intense micromanagement...

Quote Originally Posted by Blare731 View Post
    I played WoW for 4-6 years and I think they have a great AH design. I think it would be a great fit with some tweaks.

This doesn't happen in WoW because of their search feature. You search for whatever you want and boom you get the cheapest one on the AH that pops up and list of all the next in lines.

I do hope they implement a feature like the addon Auctionator has which is when you search for something that has a list of all the different items that have that same name or words in the name and lists them out and you click which one you were actually looking for. Then you see all the prices for that item, so you are not overwhelmed at once with all the prices for all the different cards at a low price when the card you are looking for is 50 pages in because it has a slightly higher price.
    You basically describe GW2 interface - it sort items by price without splitting them on single listings (you see: "34565 Copper Bars with 1silver 50 copper price on AH", '43543564 Copper Bars With 1silver 70copper price on AH", etc..).
    Thats why i write about browsing thru common offers in WoW as a disadvantage - coz GW2 and apparently addon Auctionator are doing this better and i think in game like HEX (large one economy no splitted on smaller ones = shitload of offers (GW2 TP is multiple times bigger than any server WoW AH) is better than pure WoW interface.
    Just because browsing thru specific items offers is so painful (50 pages+ per common card with 0,1 start price, no boyout, then another 50 pages for 0.02 price, etc..).

Personally i think that best solution is mix of both worlds with emphasis on GW2 one (its just better for large economies - thats all) and features from GW2 like 'buy more on TP" button (someone suggested this before).
    Last edited by MirriCatWarrior; 05-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.