Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant remember the format name - just read!

Cant remember the format name - just read!

As topic title, I forgot the freaking name. But basically, I have competed (for fun) in tournaments and friendlies where every deck was limit 1 on every card (except land/resources in general).

Could this ever be considered as a true tournament format? It would vary so much from the metagame that it would have an interesting impact on how players value single cards.

Thoughts?

Master Theorycrafter
    Highlander. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

I think there has been talk about this format and yet the name escapes me as well. I believe Kyle or Corey said something about it and how new Tournament styles were definitely in the works other than draft.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

It's normally called "Singleton"

Some games give it a specific name.

It's popular enough in most games that I can see it getting a niche tourney.

I also hope they do "Pauper" format, which is normally a no rare or limited rare format.

Master Theorycrafter
    Its the same way the MtG spinoff Commander works. I for one will be encouraging a healthy amount of Commander style play in friendly matches! Maybe when the cardpool expands a little though :-/
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

Quote Originally Posted by WWKnight View Post
    Highlander. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
    YES! Thanks, can't believe I forgot.

I keep seeing commander and thinking it's Emperor.

I used to love Emperor format!

What are the differences? I am sure theres plenty of formats I have missed (especially since I only played certian TCG's).

Commander was a Singleton/Highlander Format where you picked a legendary creature to be your "Commander" you could only play colors in your deck that matched your commander. And your commander was always considered to be in your hand (played from a remove from play zone).

Emperor was a variation of 3 v 3, where each side had 2 Knights and 1 Emperor. Creatures could only attack adjacent players, and optionally spell range was limited.

So basically one side had to get through the others sides Knight to attack the Emperor, if you killed the opposing sides Emperor you won.

Both formats had additional optional rules, but those are the main concepts.

Master Theorycrafter
    OH I MISS EMPEROR TOO!

Thats it, organising a Emperor Commander format!