Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Economy

Dwarf Economy

So wait... King or higher get a spectral lotus garden. Once a day you get a spectral lotus, which after begin played turns into a permanent Black tiger. So after a while we will be sitting on top of a huge pile of cat cards. We shall start a cat based economy! It's dwarf fortress all over again!

(and yes i know you can turn them back. this is funnier)

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build a catsplosion deck.
    Things to do at WonderCon: Be Cory Jones.

Old FAQs, courtesy of Bernado

Gigantisaur
    I've read somewhere that 4 Black Tiger = 1 Spectral Lotus

~

Yes, it's on the Hex rewards page. 4 Black Tigers can be converted into 1 Spectral Lotus, but only if you have a Spectral Lotus Garden. That said I really want to see a catsplosion deck now.

Determined Zombie
    Dammit, now I have to go watch the catsplosion video again... and I also want to see a catsplosion deck in action.
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Quote Originally Posted by joonyoungk View Post
    so wait... King or higher get a spectral lotus garden. Once a day you get a spectral lotus, which after begin played turns into a permanent black tiger. So after a while we will be sitting on top of a huge pile of cat cards. We shall start a cat based economy! It's dwarf fortress all over again!

(and yes i know you can turn them back. This is funnier)
    For !!SCIENCE!!
    Grand King + Squire + Captain
    Copy box (Basically Dropbox but 20 free GB's.)
    https://copy.com?r=DKqpjQ

I would love it if the cats could go up to 8+ copies in a deck, but they are nice enough on their own.

I do sort of wish they were PvP legal, as it is a very nice card overall, without messing with balance too much, and would be widely avialable at some point. Still, very nice PvE card, will probably run 4 in most aggro decks.

4 Spectral Lotuses and 4 Black Tigers in one deck could end up being 8 Black Tigers. So we should be able to get there at least temporarily. I'm guessing you'd have to keep bringing in new lotuses replace extra tigers at the first opportunity each time you go over 4. That or just not have a limit on tigers at all, since wherever you set the limit people could get over it temporarily by adding lotuses. Or maybe count lotuses and tigers together for a max of 8.

I bet it would be fun to combo the tigers with Replicator's Gambit.

Actually, never mind. Replicators bandit would make that kitty way too OP (its draw card when enters play - thats a lot of cards, and a lot of face beaters. Ouch.)

If it was 'when played from the hand' it would be fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Actually, never mind. Replicators bandit would make that kitty way too OP (its draw card when enters play - thats a lot of cards, and a lot of face beaters. Ouch.)

If it was 'when played from the hand' it would be fine though.
    Personally I think there are going to be much more OP combo's with Replicator's Gambit than 6 kitties. :P