Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive multiplayer elimination?

Hybrid View

Massive multiplayer elimination?

Could this happen? With 8+ players, turns going clockwise etc, if you lose all your life you are eliminated, last man standing wins?

These were tons of fun at my hobby shop, everyone would jump in, no matter how bad they were.

I think it would be an interesting game mode, but it would have to be totally anonymous as to not have alliances.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Passing priority between 8 players would make me actively avoid playing a variant like this. Not even once.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Passing priority between 8 players would make me actively avoid playing a variant like this. Not even once.
    Same

~

People at my hobby shop made alliances on the fly, and usually with a random person rather than a close friend. It was more interesting that way.

And I see this being more of a draw for guilds.

The pass priority thing could be enforced to have lower reaction times - these games are designed to take whole afternoons anyway, unless someone combos and infinitely kills everyone.

You guys have never tried this IRL? Or is it because it is digital that it turns you off?

And this is going to be only a little larger than 6v6 - will you never play those either? I don't quite understand here.

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    You guys have never tried this IRL? Or is it because it is digital that it turns you off?

And this is going to be only a little larger than 6v6 - will you never play those either? I don't quite understand here.
    In a real life game, a player only needs to speak up to respond to something. In the digital real you would have to click no every time any action occurs. The game could get pretty tedious especially if players aren't paying attention.. Although settings for auto passes when you have no valid responses would alleviate some of that. It could be fun, but not for anything other than a casual format.
    Go Fish

Oh, I intend for it to be casual only, and yeah, a 10-20 second autopass would be almost required.

Another option might be to only allow players within 2 seats of a player respond or be affected by a card.

Take a 6 player game, for example, the players opposite each other would never be able to target each other with spells or abilities, or cancel those abilities. Once a player is eliminated, people move in closer to fill the gap.

Could make it interesting if in an 8+ player game one player plays a card killing all creatures in play. It would actually only affect 5 players, allowing more distant players an opportunity to beat down the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by mauvebutterfly View Post
    Another option might be to only allow players within 2 seats of a player respond or be affected by a card.

Take a 6 player game, for example, the players opposite each other would never be able to target each other with spells or abilities, or cancel those abilities. Once a player is eliminated, people move in closer to fill the gap.

Could make it interesting if in an 8+ player game one player plays a card killing all creatures in play. It would actually only affect 5 players, allowing more distant players an opportunity to beat down the competition.
    Since it is online you could also make it so you couldn't see the players that were too far away until they got close enough so you have no idea what to expect.