Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Poll

Player Poll

There has been lots of discussions about sets rotating out or not. There are pros and cons for both sides of the argument. This post is to help the devs with that answer. Just simply answer the questions yes or no. The questions would have the most impact on PvP.

1) Do you want sets to rotate out of print?
    2) Do you want cards to be reprintable in later sets?
    3) Do you want to have a restricted list? (this would include making a card unique)
    4) Do you want to have a banned list?

My answers:
    1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes
    4) no

Thank you all ahead of time for responding.

Grand King Supporter
    Last edited by Tyranth; 05-12-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Eternal Guardian
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Not if they can help it
    4) Again, not if they can help it. However, I'd rather have a ban than errata to fix major things.
    Go Fish

1) yes
    2) yes
    3) no, with the digital format, I think small changes can be made to cards on rare occassions, if something is found to be overpowered. Things such as increasing the card's threshold cost, making cards "unique" that weren't previously, forbidding cards from being used in the same deck together
    4) No, They will have to be careful, but with this digital format, an errata is much more manageable than in a printed card game, and so that can be done instead of banning cards..

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. If needed.
    4. If needed. Rather have bans than errata

1) No
    2) No
    3) No
    4) No, update cards or nerf them for balancing issues

Time Bug
    1) Yes
    2) Fine with me. But would be fine either way
    3) If need sure, but try to avoid it.
    4) If need sure, but try to avoid it.

Still hope they read bigger thread though. Sometimes jsut listening to the major opion is not good in long run.
    Day 2 pro player supporter, so before it got popular!
    Lord Nuaa (So you can find me as Nua in hex)
    DeathRieper on twitch

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes, but if needed
    4) Over changing cards, Yes
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Gigantisaur
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. If needed.
    4. If needed. Rather have erratas than bans

~

1) Do you want sets to rotate out?
    2) Do you want cards to be reprintable in later sets?
    3) Do you want to have a restricted list?
    4) Do you want to have a banned list?

1) I assume you mean out of print, in which case MAYBE. I want them to try something new, but if it won't work, by all means rotate out.
    2) If it ends up with rotating sets, then yes.
    3) If possible, no. This was awful in Yugioh - I would rather they ban a card outright.
    4) If possible, no. Digitally it makes more sense that they errata something as the most drastic measure. And with a block style cycle, cards will cycle out often enough to prevent abuse (hopefully.) This is really a last resort.

I used to play Yugioh, I've seen what happens when sets aren't rotated out. It results in a never ending powercreep to the point games are over in the first turn.

I support your first point.

I support reprints as long as they only reprint the balanced cards of older sets.

Regarding the restricted list the issue I have with it is that restricted cards are restricted for a reason, it is because they are more powerful than the unrestricted cards, which means they aren't balanced. On top of that because you can only have 1 copy of it in your deck the chances of drawing it becomes smaller and more random, and because the restricted card is stronger than an unrestricted card as explained above, it means the match could boil down to whoever draws his restricted cards first wins the match. In Yugioh that became very apparent with cards like Dark Hole and Heavy Storm, which are both powerful field wipers that are restricted and could easily win the match if the player drew them together with whatever win combo the player had in mind. So to question 3, no I wouldn't support it. Another negative side effect is that such cards turn into so called "staples", and it is not fun when 1/4 of your deck is already decided by these staples.

Regarding the banlist, if they balance the cards correctly a banlist wouldn't be needed. Also with sets rotating out those overpowered cards would leave the game eventually. The question then becomes, if a card does become overpowered due to for example some combo the devs didn't think about, should it be emergency banned or should we put up with it untill the set it comes from is rotated out? Emergency banning would ensure that the game stays balanced, I don't think many people would be interesting in playing against broken "tier 0" decks for a half year to a year or so. On the other hand, banning them would deal a huge blow to people who spent a lot of real money on buying said card, or who build a whole deck around it and suddenly have nothing to play with. For this reason, I believe Cryptozoic should make a judgement on a case by case basis. If it is somewhat overpowered the card can stay, but if it completely breaks the game it needs to go asap.
    Last edited by Vengus; 05-12-2013 at 02:31 PM.