Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Concern about the almost imbalanced high tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    In terms of tier balance:
    The worst tier probably goes to Collector.
    For the low cost of another King pledge, you receive a second set of KS exclusives and 6 alternate art PvP cards a year and sleeves.
    So...you trade 150 boosters and 4 starters for 6 cards/year. Those must be some cards.

Question: Will Dungeon Crawler affect players your grouped with (or just you), and will Raid leader affect yourself (or just those you are grouped with)?
    I don't know about the dungeon crawler, but the raid leader affects everyone in the raid.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

In terms of tier balance:
    The worst tier probably goes to Collector.
    For the low cost of another King pledge, you receive a second set of KS exclusives and 6 alternate art PvP cards a year and sleeves.
    So...you trade 150 boosters and 4 starters for 6 cards/year. Those must be some cards.
    Well the total number of the AA cards in existence is limited to the number of collector and above pledges. So they will be exceedingly rare. That makes them valuable in trade to well... collectors.

Question: Will Dungeon Crawler affect players your grouped with (or just you), and will Raid leader affect yourself (or just those you are grouped with)?
    Raid leader effects the group, dungeon crawler does not. Source: I messaged them asking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    Well the total number of the AA cards in existence is limited to the number of collector and above pledges. So they will be exceedingly rare. That makes them valuable in trade to well... collectors.
    It's fine as a bonus for GK, it seems weak as a $250 tier by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Aether View Post
    Raid leader effects the group, dungeon crawler does not. Source: I messaged them asking about it.
    Thanks for the clarification. Do you happen to know if raid leader affect you in solo PvE content?

Quote Originally Posted by Blare731 View Post
    I think you are completely right, but I think people want the option to do more a week. Like for instance, I know for sure that the first week I'm going to do 2 or 3 maybe more. But after a couple weeks, 1 free tournament per week will be fine.
    There's no ambiguity. it's obvious some people want more free drafts per week. In fact it's been easily the most popular single reward and the primary drive behind the "stacking craze". You don't see anyone talking about how they pledges 3X Collector or 3X Guild Master, or even Dungeon Crawler and Collector. It's all 3x Pro Player, or GK+ Pro Player

I just think some people are getting tunnel vision and forgetting that it's free drafts in a use it or loose it format, not just free packs, and forget that the game is designed to be 50% PvE, with non-tournament PvP as well. There is a much larger design space than "moar free tourneys" to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    I just think some people are getting tunnel vision and forgetting that it's free drafts in a use it or loose it format, not just free packs, and forget that the game is designed to be 50% PvE, with non-tournament PvP as well. There is a much larger design space than "moar free tourneys" to work with.
    You also forget that currently, there's no penalty for joining a draft, cherry-picking cards, and leaving the draft. That's three free boosters with little time commitment/effort for life which includes future sets. Not to mention the fact that PvP cards can be used in PvE.

However, for some of us, yes, we do actually want to play competitively more.

I'm not entirely sure about that. I think how it works, is it's a card that's added to your deck. If go into a raid group, everyone gets one put into play at the start. In solo content I think you'd have to draw it and play it (costs 0) like usual.

I'm with Kami, I love drafting, and 2 a week? For life? FOR FREE? And if they make it so you can invite friends, I could draft with all my old high school buddies who have moved away?! Done.
    Proud Day 1 Alpha Player Man This Game Come A Long Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    You also forget that currently, there's no penalty for joining a draft, cherry-picking cards, and leaving the draft. That's three free boosters with little time commitment/effort for life which includes future sets. Not to mention the fact that PvP cards can be used in PvE.

However, for some of us, yes, we do actually want to play competitively more.
    This is an issue with every draft format ever. There is nothing special about this in Hex.