Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Concern about the almost imbalanced high tiers.

Concern about the almost imbalanced high tiers.

I don't think CZE was expecting to let people 'combine' low tier KS for instance.

2 GK is much better than 1 Dragon lord.

2 GK gets you 4 of all the exclusives, 2 free drafts per week, 300 packs, 8 starter kits, and I think also the 40 rare/legendary equipment.

Versus

1 DL that gives u 2 exclusives, 1 free draft, 150 packs, 4 kits, 20 rare/legendary items and of course the DL sleeve and card exclusive.

How equal are these really? And it gets works as you go up.

5 GK to 1 Primal,

10 GK to 1 Immortal

20 GK to 1 Producer.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Unless you really value the equipment highly, 2x Pro + 1x GK would be better imo :P

The two highest are something different regarding design input. However, more features would not be unwelcomed. The producer 4x ever card is all you would ever need to build any PvP (non-exclusive PvE) deck.
    Last edited by BKCshah; 05-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BKCshah View Post
    Unless you really value the equipment highly, 2x Pro + 1x GK would be better imo :P
    Well that's kind of my point, you can break it down to have so many more benefits by combing the lower tiers that DL and up are just almost not worth it instead.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

This is a real concern. Instead of pledging Producer as I originally intended, I instead pledged Grand King plus multiple Pro Player tiers.

I still want to pledge Producer if they decide to improve the perks though.

The current situation is that the Dragon Lord, Primal, Immortal and Producer tiers simply are far less attractive than combinations of the lower tiers. I hope CZE can remedy this glaring oversight.

Maybe thats why they put limits on them? If they expected a high influx of people at those tiers, and people doubling, the limit might be a way to soft cap it. And they still get the money, which is the most important thing.

I want them to make the Higher ones more exciting so people don't have to do that. It makes no sense that you can get double for triple the value of the DL with the lower tiers combined and it means less people will be able to get them, which isn't exactly good.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Looking at the pledges, one person already backed out from the Primal tier. Probably realized he could get more for his money by going for the lower tiers and ending up with more cards.

Determined Zombie
    Probably they made the tiers under the assumption that everyone would just choose One, which is how it normally goes for Kickstarters, after all. Then they said, "Oh sure, you can have multiples on multiple KS accounts/PayPal donations and have it be on one Hex account in-game" without really realizing what that would mean. So now there's this problem. We'll see what Monday brings, I guess?
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    Looking at the pledges, one person already backed out from the Primal tier. Probably realized he could get more for his money by going for the lower tiers and ending up with more cards.
    I'm pretty sure that was kami who moved up to immortal.

But yes I think the tiers need a bit better balance. I'm Grand King with a King second account and I'm debating a third donation for another King rather then just moving up to a higher tier.

Yeah, I'm still wondering about the higher tiers in terms of balance vs multiple lower tiers in hindsight. I'm also considering Producer at this point as well - although I'd have no way to travel to/from them and frankly, I'm not much of a designer either, unfortunately.

I'm not complaining though; I have no issues backing and at the same time, having even a minor lasting touch on the game has it's sentimental value. Either way, there's still room at the top and I still have until the first week of June to finalize my decision (again? *lol*)

Really the only serious disadvantage is the single free draft per week in comparison to those who have multiple Pro Tier perks.

Besides, the end goal is to support CZE and this game. Considering they developed this as an independent IP for two years without even a hint to the public (afaik), they must have put a lot of heart and effort into this. With a "Fans First" motto, it's hard not to stand behind them.