Thread: Raid question

Raid question

Afaik raid is 3v1 but how does it work exactly?

Do each player take a turn together then the boss(chaotic), each player take their turn 1 by 1 then the boss (long wait), each player take the turn alternated by the boss (boss advantage) or some other methods? Do the players get to interact with the other players? E.g. Buff other player troop.

Both WoW's TCG and Magic's Archnemesis decks work with the players taking their turn simultaneously and then the boss taking his turn.

I imagine raids here will be similar.

That may be how it works in Magic, but in WoW each player gets their own turn.
    Things to do at WonderCon: Be Cory Jones.

Old FAQs, courtesy of Bernado

It's been a few years since I played WoW so I may have misremember, I do remember my friends and I coordinating actions on the raid boss player.

However, the Magic System works better because of how combat works. In WoW TCG, you could attack any creature and the defender couldn't block without special allies (protectors), and damage carried over from turn to turn. However, in Magic the defender can assign blockers as he wants, and defenders heal from turn to turn. That means a boss with a hoard of medium sized creatures can eat away at the Player's forces if they are made to attack piecemeal. Where as if Players can attack in tandem, then they have a better chance of getting around the bosses defense and dealing damage.

As Hex adopts a combat system that seems closer to Magics, I think simultaneous player turns would be best.

Or they could have the players take individual turns, but the boss's exhausted cards and damage to troops doesn't reset until the boss' turn. So if he blocked a 2/2 creature with a 5/5 creature on player A's turn then on player B's turn that creature still has 2 damage on it so it is a 5/3 for blocking/targeting purposes.