Thread: HEX Servers

HEX Servers

Hey all, loving everything HEX related so far but am wondering when will we be hearing about servers ?

Will there even be seperate servers ? or will they go the path of EVE for example and have just one, huge server ?

And what about european - america - asia support ? Any talks about server hubs across the world or some such ?

Determined Zombie
    Seconded. I've been wondering off and on if there are going to be multiple servers or not, and I keep forgetting to ask. Thank you, Lakshman, for having my back!
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Master Theorycrafter
    I believe it will be international. Liek MTGO. I hope so, as I have a fully international guild im trying to run!
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

Gigantisaur
    There should be only one server otherwise it breaks the purpose of having a worldwide tournament scene / Auction House.
    Also 200ms ping is no issue in that kind of game

˜

I agree with the posts that there should only be one unified server. Matchmaking would be so much easier and as Fireblast has said, latency won't matter in a turn-based game.

I play Eve regularly and used to play WoW. One server is the way to go. More people in one area will keep things fresh and interesting.

Determined Zombie
    Just so long as the server can withstand the load and doesn't crash under the weight of rabid Hexmaniacs. ^_^ But I guess beta will help sort that all out.
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Gigantisaur
    The chatrooms and queues will be on one server, then the games can be on some others/virtual machines or whatever infrastructure they use to instance stuff.

What's important is that you can talk/trade/play with everyone.

˜

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    The chatrooms and queues will be on one server, then the games can be on some others/virtual machines or whatever infrastructure they use to instance stuff.

What's important is that you can talk/trade/play with everyone.

˜
    That sounds about right to me.