Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal packs question

Gigantisaur
    Have it 0,5% when purchasing single boosters and have 100 boosters boxes with 1 primal in it?

~

Aren't booster boxes traditionally 36 boosters?

I used to buy cards by the case, which was 6 boxes. Which is 198 Boosters, close enough to 200

Personally, I would prefer a system where you receive a token that could be exchange from a primal pack randomly in packs, rather than immediately knowing it's a primal pack.

It would be much more exciting because you discover after opening a pack, rather than immediately after buying it.

...oh well. (Also, in that case, you can get them in drafts packs without affecting the draft itself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Personally, I would prefer a system where you receive a token that could be exchange from a primal pack randomly in packs, rather than immediately knowing it's a primal pack.

It would be much more exciting because you discover after opening a pack, rather than immediately after buying it.

...oh well. (Also, in that case, you can get them in drafts packs without affecting the draft itself.)
    I was under the impression that the primal/not primal roll happened when you opened the pack. This comes from the working in the stretch goal announcement where ether say "when you open a pack it has a chance of being a primal" and "packs opened for tournaments will never be primal".

It is a different pack all together. They have said they can be traded. Basically whenever a pack is generated there is a small chance you will get a Primal Pack instead.

Besides, they have gauranteed us a primal already if we hit the goal. Would be interesting to see them show the difference unless they look different.

Though I do sort of see people concern about too high frequency of primal pack possibly devaluing the high rarity card, I think we have to look it from other side.

Since primal pack is nothing but all 15 cards are high rarity, it is essentially equivalent of buying 15 booster packs. With drop rate of like 1:100, we are essentially saying its worth $200 a pack. To me it does not make sense unless prime pack has unique card, or some special odds that 15 high rarity cards are all that of rarest.

Now 1:15 prime pack is obviously NOT the answer because that means you buy 15 packs, and 1 of those you get almost another 15 packs value.

Personally, 1 in every booster box seems reasonable. Remember this game has a pack priced at $2, which is half of Magic. With Magic generally completing a full play set costs around $400, so if we can in theory apply this it would make sense to us be able to complete a set $200, which would be awesome (in my opinion). So game will not be driven by who got more money and if TCG with this quality can go with such great price scheme, it can further attract audience especially those had to quit Magic or not started Magic because of the high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenMusou View Post
    Though I do sort of see people concern about too high frequency of primal pack possibly devaluing the high rarity card, I think we have to look it from other side.

Since primal pack is nothing but all 15 cards are high rarity, it is essentially equivalent of buying 15 booster packs. With drop rate of like 1:100, we are essentially saying its worth $200 a pack. To me it does not make sense unless prime pack has unique card, or some special odds that 15 high rarity cards are all that of rarest.

Now 1:15 prime pack is obviously NOT the answer because that means you buy 15 packs, and 1 of those you get almost another 15 packs value.

Personally, 1 in every booster box seems reasonable. Remember this game has a pack priced at $2, which is half of Magic. With Magic generally completing a full play set costs around $400, so if we can in theory apply this it would make sense to us be able to complete a set $200, which would be awesome (in my opinion). So game will not be driven by who got more money and if TCG with this quality can go with such great price scheme, it can further attract audience especially those had to quit Magic or not started Magic because of the high cost.
    Even if primal pack is 1/10000 it isn't worth more than 15 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    Even if primal pack is 1/10000 it isn't worth more than 15 packs.
    Why wouldn't it be? Every rare/legendary isn't going to have the same value, it's too early to speculate but primal packs could be worth 30+ packs. I guarantee you that you wont see a primal pack on the AH for less than 15 packs unless it's just someone who doesn't know what they are doing.