Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal packs question

Primal packs question

If the kickstarter hits 540k, will our kickstarter boosters have a chance to be primal?

Yes, at least from the last official informations we did get

My hope is that when we hit it and Primal Packs are implemented that Primal Packs have a very low drop rate. If drop rates are too high, it would destroy the value of rares/legendaries. Something like 1% (1/100) would be the bare minimum if not lower I would say.

I agree with Kami, because of the massive amount of KS boosters going out I would like to see a low drop rate on the Primals.

I hope it is less than 1%. I really would prefer something like 0,5% or even less than that. 200 boosters is much for myself to get one primal (I know, this isn't exact math here right now), but if you think about how many boosters will be opened in total, 0,5% is still high enough to quickly flood the market with rare and legendary cards.

I don't see any reason for this to not be extremely low. I agree that 1% should be the MAX.

With all the booster packs going out in the beginning rare cards value is going to be a little low anyhow regardless of primals or not. But as a playerbase builds they will rise in value and immediately level out.

I see it being several months before we have a stable economy and cards have real "value" anyhow.

I'd suspect longer than a few months. At least three sets would need to come out first with a stop-sell of the earlier sets (booster-wise). That seems to be the case with any new TCG.

I read on the kickstarter page comments where someone quoted Chris Woods as saying, "Primal Packs occasionally show up when you get a pack in any way, so they can come from prize rewards, purchases, could even be in your KS packs. "

Looked like a twitter post but I can't see to find it. If anyone else can find the source, that'd be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Fireblade View Post
    I hope it is less than 1%. I really would prefer something like 0,5% or even less than that. 200 boosters is much for myself to get one primal (I know, this isn't exact math here right now), but if you think about how many boosters will be opened in total, 0,5% is still high enough to quickly flood the market with rare and legendary cards.
    I think half a percent might be too low. Statistically, 1 out of 3 people wouldn't receive any primals after 200 boosters, at that rate.