Thread: tournament hosting

tournament hosting

A friend and I were discussing possibilities for this game, we are planning on forming our guild as soon as possible, and one subject kept coming up. How we would be able to host our own tournaments either for fun or for some sort of reward. This would be something that we mainly will do within our guild. The idea is easy enough, just orginize a set of casual games, keep records, and do some sort of trade for rewards if there are any. What we would like to see is a mechanic in the game that would make this whole proccess easier. I keep hearing about how this games focus is going to be on community and I think that this would play right into this, also if we are the ones putting up the reward I believe this could equate into even more profit. It would be nice to have some sort of hosting option that would allow the host to allow certain players on, collect enterance fees (platinum, boosters, specific cards, etc.), set up a reward system (if any is needed), and set up certain paramaters like if it is going to be a construct, or a draft, whether it is going to be swiss or not. I would also enjoy seeing options like instead of one match determining a winner and a loser, have it be best 2 out of 3 if thats what we choose. I think a mechanic like this would allow for a more creative play experience and realy bolster the community driven aspect, especially guilds. Please bump or comment on this if you feel it is a good idea, right now its just one man ranting but if enough of us show and interest, then maybe it could be up for consideratiom.

Guild tournaments will be possible because we reached that stretch goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengus View Post
    Guild tournaments will be possible because we reached that stretch goal.
    Ok I guess I was to understand that this meant different guilds going up against one another for ranking, not the option of hosting. I think this should also be something that is available for people who are not in guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Ok I guess I was to understand that this meant different guilds going up against one another for ranking, not the option of hosting. I think this should also be something that is available for people who are not in guilds
    I thought it meant guilds can host tournaments for their own guild, but I don't think there has been a clarification on that so I don't know for sure.

I also thought it was a guild vs guild tournament, for guild ranking.

I'm still hoping a wager system for private matches comes out as a stretch goal. Have players able to put stuff in the pot, and agree how it gets split based on tournament rules. I think so long as the rules are clearly defined ahead of time, and the players all agree, it would let you do a lot of these fun matches like inside your guild, or a guild vs guild thing. Throw in spectating and you've got yourself a fine form of entertainment for group activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Aether View Post
    I also thought it was a guild vs guild tournament, for guild ranking.

I'm still hoping a wager system for private matches comes out as a stretch goal. Have players able to put stuff in the pot, and agree how it gets split based on tournament rules. I think so long as the rules are clearly defined ahead of time, and the players all agree, it would let you do a lot of these fun matches like inside your guild, or a guild vs guild thing. Throw in spectating and you've got yourself a fine form of entertainment for group activities.
    Yeah, this is the kind of system Im talking about, like I said it would be possible with just casual games and side trading (like plat or booster for a common card) but a mechanic in place would make the whole ordeal a lot easier and therefore more enjoyable.