Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can players roll multiple characters/how will they be handled?

Can players roll multiple characters/how will they be handled?

As a TCG player, I like experimenting with a wide variety of deck types. As an MMO player, I like rolling one of every class to experience new styles of play and mechanics. I understand that Mercenary Champions will be available for PvE players that want to build decks that fall outside of their character's forte, but they will never be as fulfilling for a player like me as rolling a different class and hand-picking each of my talents for a customized build.

Will we be able to create multiple characters on a single account (whether it's baked in or a for-pay feature as is common in most F2P MMO's) and, if so, how will my account handle my collection? Given the nature of trading in TCG's, I'm assuming that there won't be any sort of bind-on-use for standard PvP or PvE cards. I'm not sure about equipment and could understand it being bind-to-character, bind-to-account, or otherwise.

It makes sense to me that, if the cards can be traded, they should go into a common pool accessible by all of a player's characters. If equipment can also be traded after use, then it stands to reason that it should follow the same logic and, if not, should still be held in a shared inventory up until the point it has been equipped. Otherwise, dilettante players will be forced to trade with themselves which creates unnecessary and potentially off-putting busywork.

I'm sorry if this has been answered in detail previously but I couldn't find anything that talked about characters outside of the singular sense.
    Last edited by StarvingGamer; 05-15-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: grammar, i need it

Yes you can have as many characters as you want on your account and all cards can be traded. No cards are bind-per-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    Yes you can have as many characters as you want on your account and all cards can be traded. No cards are bind-per-character.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. What about Equipment? Do we know if that will that also be freely traded/swapped between characters? Or is there any sort of BoE thing going on with that?
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Yeah equipment can be traded as well. No BoE/BoP equipment.

Everything will be tradeable and nothing will be bound as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Everything will be tradeable and nothing will be bound as far as we know.
    The account flags are untradeable.

Determined Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    The account flags are untradeable.
    To other accounts, yes, but the question is whether equipment obtained in PvE play can be traded amongst the same account's various champions.
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Uhh, it's an account flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Whats an account flag?
    +100% loot from bosses, 10% exp, etc.