Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So how would you want AH to work?

Master Theorycrafter

So how would you want AH to work?

I was wondering what kind of AH we want for this game?
    World of warcraft suffers from the constant undercutting madness.

I heard mtg's trading is ruled by bots, for better or worse.
    Is it any good? should we aim for something like that?

or maybe someone has a better idea?

I'm a huge fan of the PoxNora Rune trader myself.

The basic system is:
    You put a lot consisting of tradable items up for auction whoever wins the auction will get the entire lot. That lot get's a user created title and a text description where the poster can describe the sort of bids they are looking for.

Then, other players can place a bid on you lot. A bid also consists of a set of tradable items.

Once one or more players have bid on your lot you can "accept" a bid in which case the trade executes automatically. or you can "reject" a bid. When a bid is rejected the items put up for bid are released back to the bidder (items in a lot or bid are mocked so they can't be used in decks or placed in any other lots/bids). If no bids are accepted within a day of the lot expiring all bids are rejected and the lot de-listed.

Gigantisaur
    WoW AH is fine.

~

Master Theorycrafter
    @turtlewing
    Hmm, and are everyone all-right with having to wait possibly a day or so until their bids are accepted?

Blizzard's AH had a bidding option, but no one uses it, everyone just buys out everything.
    No one wants to wait an entire day until the whole thing resolves.

Eternal Guardian
    When selling stuff, just set the minimum you want to get out of it and let it go. Or include a buy it now option. Just like ebay.
    Go Fish

+1 I also like this system. But I think bidders should be able to cancel their bids before the time runs out if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the PoxNora Rune trader myself.

The basic system is:
    You put a lot consisting of tradable items up for auction whoever wins the auction will get the entire lot. That lot get's a user created title and a text description where the poster can describe the sort of bids they are looking for.

Then, other players can place a bid on you lot. A bid also consists of a set of tradable items.

Once one or more players have bid on your lot you can "accept" a bid in which case the trade executes automatically. or you can "reject" a bid. When a bid is rejected the items put up for bid are released back to the bidder (items in a lot or bid are mocked so they can't be used in decks or placed in any other lots/bids). If no bids are accepted within a day of the lot expiring all bids are rejected and the lot de-listed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRoger View Post
    @turtlewing
    Hmm, and are everyone all-right with having to wait possibly a day or so until their bids are accepted?

Blizzard's AH had a bidding option, but no one uses it, everyone just buys out everything.
    No one wants to wait an entire day until the whole thing resolves.
    I don't recall any complaints about the system. However there was no buyout option.

Personally I found that with the bidding system I was much more willing to sell things because I didn't have to know exactly how much to ask for. I could put a rare rune up, and say "I like these things, bets offer wins", and then just see what people offer.

I also preferred how you could make offers that weren't just "X gold", but instead things like "how about these leveled commons and some gold for that rare?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    WoW AH is fine.

~
    Wow has a listing fee. I don't believe this game should have one. The currency to list doesn't drop from dungeons or come from daily quests. You need to pull out your pocketbooks. Then again, this would encourage an absorbant amount of price cutting and hyper deflated values. That's why I have a different proposal

I'm also a fan of having my own store. I'd really like this incorporated actually. You set your own prices, what's for sale, and then they can take the percentage from what sells. Also this way, you wouldn't have to relist. This model would do what MTGO does w/o the bots themselves.

I play WoW and am the wealthiest guy on my high pop server. I also used to be the biggest FOIL dealer on MTGO. I don't think this standard type of AH style will work here. It's not like we have access to mods that will help us list say 1000x cards a day. This doesn't need to be a game where people spend two hours a day listing items. The user base would inevitably feel compelled to do so for income source and would hurt the population in the end. Having your own storefront would enable sellers to have a little upfront challenge, but put the legwork on buyers or deal seekers.

Listing Fees $0
    Selling Fees <=5%

Just my 2cents. Thoughts?

No listing fee in combination with cancelable auctions is a bad idea. When I bid on a card I want to have that card (unless someone else bids more), not have the seller decide that my bid is too low and cancel the auction a few seconds before it runs out.

A small fee of ingame-gold (or something else acquired through playing the game, but not real money) would be fine to me, and it would prevent people from spamming thousands of common cards at ridiculous low prices.

Please make different auction-times (e.g. 6, 12, 24, 48 hours).

I'd also like that placing a bid extends the auction-duration for a few minutes to prevent last-second-sniping.

Another nice-to-have feature would be to create bundles of cards (e.g. one of each uncommon card from set X).

I don't disagree with what you're sayin Stok3d, but also really don't care all that much whether is a listing fee or not. Just doesn't bother me. Just NEED 1cent denomination Rm currencies for purpose of trading, and a REAL auction house, not the wasteland that is MTGO classified/bots. These are the things I really care about, not whether there is a 0/1/2% listing fee.

Also, I just don't see the point of time auctions 99% of the time in these games, everyone wants BIN only. So I think that supports the store idea more.