Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vanity Cards

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willzyx View Post
    I was always under the impression that the vanity card would be standard type and stats, and the "custom" part about it would be your alternate art. With that scheme, only one functional card needs to be designed--possibly with the name "Kickstarter Backer" or something similar.

Honestly, 110 cards based on user specifications seems way too difficult to balance.
    We arent designing the CARD. Just the art on the card.
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

Right. Only the art on the card will "bear a likeness" i.e. your face gets worked into it somewhere. Unless you go Producer. Then you get to help make a full on card addition including input on art. Which is pretty epic.

I'm expecting something similar to Public Execution from MTG, with your face drawn as one of the onlookers.

The card number will be the same, you'll still only be able to have 4 of the card in your deck (3 originals + your exclusive art version) but you'll be the only person in the world to have *that* version of the card.

Gigantisaur
    I don't get the point of having 1 only, I never play with playsets that are not the same

~

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    I don't get the point of having 1 only, I never play with playsets that are not the same

~
    This, it feels tacky.

~
    Thats interesting, I'm one of those people that if I have varying art cards I'll actually use a different art card for each instance of that card that I have in the deck. It got to the point in MtG that I had decks that had no repeating art except for basic lands.

Gigantisaur
    I always play same language, edition, art, foil/non foil.

~

I always play same language, edition, art, foil/non foil.

~
    Nothing wrong with that and I can understand wanting multiples to match cards. I just never actually thought of it that way cause I try to do the exact opposite and all the people I play with don't care one way or another, they just care about the card not the art on it. I agree that with the exclusive art and the vanity cards there should be a way to get a full set of 4 without having to trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Willzyx View Post
    I'm expecting something similar to Public Execution from MTG, with your face drawn as one of the onlookers.

The card number will be the same, you'll still only be able to have 4 of the card in your deck (3 originals + your exclusive art version) but you'll be the only person in the world to have *that* version of the card.
    so you get the card , end of story ?
    isn't it worked into the set so ALL people can play with it ?
    I understood that they will place it in the set ... it would really hurt them to make separate art for your card , that you have one off only EVER ...

art costs around 100 -300 $ , price depends if it's custom or not ... custom may cost more ... they would be getting a bad deal out of this if they pay so much for only one card they give you .
    "Kneel before me and repent!"

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

If its going to take place in the set it will have to be either a later addition alternate art for a card or come out in the expansion since they are probably already finished with the main art for the base set.