Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vanity Cards

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinRaven View Post
    Nothing wrong with that and I can understand wanting multiples to match cards. I just never actually thought of it that way cause I try to do the exact opposite and all the people I play with don't care one way or another, they just care about the card not the art on it. I agree that with the exclusive art and the vanity cards there should be a way to get a full set of 4 without having to trade for them.
    The standard wisdom behind playing all cards of the same art is that it gives your opponent less information about what you have in your deck or in your hand. If you see me play 2 card X, art 1 in game 1 and then 1 card X, art 2 in game two, in game 3, I know you have at least 3 of them in your deck. Similarly, If I look at your hand via a spell and see you have a card with one art, and then you draw another copy with a different art and play that first, I have information on what's in your hand. They're narrow cases, but not inconsequential in competitive play.

Of course; but sometimes there are corner cases the other way, too. If someone repsonds to my Terror by giving their Fascist Art Director Protection from Ron Spencer and then I drop my second second, Puddnhead version whilst they're out of mana...

I believe the only thing known for sure at this point is that you choose PVP or PVE.

Now for my $0.02 - I doubt they are going to ask us to/let us "design" cards for them; too hard to balance, and that privilege is a selling point of Producer tier. I HOPE they go along the route of having us give some guidance as to the card...

Example: The new set is a couple weeks away. They ask you, as a Vanity Card holder, if you would like to use your likeness for one of the upcoming cards. They give you 10 cards to choose from, you pick one, and then get some back-and-forth with the artists on staff to finalize the piece.

Alternatively: They ask you what type of card you'd like to appear on. You say whatever you want, "I want to be on a PVP card that destroys creatures," or "I want to appear as a big powerful Human Wizard that throws fireballs for PVE." They come back to you when the time comes, maybe with a few variants, and let you choose.

---

Also, I think when they get around to the vanity cards, your likeness will be the standard issue of the card. Say you appear on a card named "Dwarven Brawler." Every time someone opens a booster that contains a Dwarven Brawler, or slays a boss in the dungeon and he drops a Dwarven Brawler, your art will be on that card.
    Last edited by RECHiD; 05-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    "The tyrannous and bloody deed is done,
    The most arch deed of piteous massacre
    That ever yet this land was guilty of."
    --William Shakespeare, Richard III

Infernal Professor
    I am hoping for a Human Rogue for mine .

Quote Originally Posted by RECHiD View Post
    I believe the only thing known for sure at this point is that you choose PVP or PVE.

Now for my $0.02 - I doubt they are going to ask us to/let us "design" cards for them; too hard to balance, and that privilege is a selling point of Producer tier. I HOPE they go along the route of having us give some guidance as to the card...

Example: The new set is a couple weeks away. They ask you, as a Vanity Card holder, if you would like to use your likeness for one of the upcoming cards. They give you 10 cards to choose from, you pick one, and then get some back-and-forth with the artists on staff to finalize the piece.

Alternatively: They ask you what type of card you'd like to appear on. You say whatever you want, "I want to be on a PVP card that destroys creatures," or "I want to appear as a big powerful Human Wizard that throws fireballs for PVE." They come back to you when the time comes, maybe with a few variants, and let you choose.

---

Also, I think when they get around to the vanity cards, your likeness will be the standard issue of the card. Say you appear on a card named "Dwarven Brawler." Every time someone opens a booster that contains a Dwarven Brawler, or slays a boss in the dungeon and he drops a Dwarven Brawler, your art will be on that card.

Yeah the vanity cards are not the chance to design what your card does you just get your likeness as its or a part of its art. Producer level you actually get to design a card as one of the bonuses so the vanity card would be an already existing card or a card in an expansion where Crypto already has its mechanics sorted. I do agree you should get to choose what type of card or what race you'd like to be represented on.

I'm hoping that the entire print run gets the likeness on the card. Game of Thrones used to have the world champion help design a card and get their likeness printed on it. They had some restrictions, so you couldn't become a unique character from the lore, for example.

In this picture, the world champion is one of the men sitting around the fire:
    http://teamcovenant.com/store/media/...High_Heart.jpg

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by mauvebutterfly View Post
    I'm hoping that the entire print run gets the likeness on the card. Game of Thrones used to have the world champion help design a card and get their likeness printed on it. They had some restrictions, so you couldn't become a unique character from the lore, for example.

In this picture, the world champion is one of the men sitting around the fire:
    http://teamcovenant.com/store/media/...High_Heart.jpg
    That's pretty cool.

I definitely think that world champions should get to design a card for an upcoming set.

Having the card actually say "Card designed by world champion YEAR" is pretty cool too. Even as a casual player, owning and using a card with that text is really exciting imo. From a more competitive standpoint, it's also interesting to see what kind of effects the top players would like to see added to the metagame, or what metagame issues they want to try to fix.

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by mauvebutterfly View Post
    Having the card actually say "Card designed by world champion YEAR" is pretty cool too. Even as a casual player, owning and using a card with that text is really exciting imo. From a more competitive standpoint, it's also interesting to see what kind of effects the top players would like to see added to the metagame, or what metagame issues they want to try to fix.
    As long as it does not say infect, i am fine .