Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Note on Pro Player tiers

Time Bug
    *chuckles* Missed it by a day, it seems. Checked last night to see that it was still an option, only to see that in 12 hours that it'd been froze at 913 backers. I wonder how quickly GK will dry up, and whether I can afford it before it does.

Infernal Professor
    I think Grand King will last into Tuesday/Wed, the last 11 Dragon Lords should sell out first.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphi_Vinn View Post
    I wonder how quickly GK will dry up, and whether I can afford it before it does.
    Ha I really can't afford it so hopefully it will dry up before I do something very silly...
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Ha I really can't afford it so hopefully it will dry up before I do something very silly...
    I am sure not affording this means you won't really afford to pay for cards once the game is out :P
    if you really like the game , might as well bite the bullet now , insteaf of wasting 3 times the money later (rough estimate ... maybe I am mistaken and you will get by cheaper without this xD but I don't think so :P )
    "Kneel before me and repent!"

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Ah I like to slowly acquire cards rather than own them all at once. It's the additional account upgrades which interests me, (Drafts, PvE boosters). It's actually a little disconcerting for me having 150 booster packs straight away lol.

Might still (read: will probably) stretch to one of the remaining $250's though

Former TUC Admin Prime

One option is with all of those booster packs just use them as a stockpile to play draft with over the course of a few months. That's what I'm considering doing. If I go through my free draft from the pro tier and still feel like doing another within a week that is. Also, I'm pretty sure they said you could trade packs from old sets in for pack from new sets later on. If that's the case, if it comes to the point where you're still sitting on packs when the new set comes out you have another option for what to do with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi_Vinn View Post
    *chuckles* Missed it by a day, it seems. Checked last night to see that it was still an option, only to see that in 12 hours that it'd been froze at 913 backers. I wonder how quickly GK will dry up, and whether I can afford it before it does.
    You don't need to afford it now; just make sure you can get the money by the time the kickstarter ends!

Infernal Professor
    Actually for that matter, you have a week after KS ends if the funds are not there the day it ends.

Stockpiling sounds like a good idea. Will require discipline though

"Must. Not. Open. moar boosters!"
    Last edited by Cato; 05-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Former TUC Admin Prime

I was thinking that another use for the boosters could be to extend the PvE experience. After each dungeon you successfully clear, you could reward yourself by opening a booster to (hopefully) upgrade your deck. That way you're also experiencing the growth aspect of an RPG while gaining access to cards you wouldn't otherwise have in the PvE arena.