Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent PvE Choices?

I don't remember which video it was, but they said that they really wanted players to get to experience the same dungeon from multiple perspectives. Maybe the first time you side with the humans, and you play through one story. On the next playthrough you betray the humans and join the necrotic. Stuff like that.

I suspect that your choices will be permanent for the duration of the run that you're currently doing, but if you restart the dungeon, you get another chance to make all the choices again.

Yeah since you can revisit dungeons you can probably work the different factions for that dungeon. Though I'm a huge rp fan so I'll probably just have multiple characters and make the same choices with the same character every time and make different choices with new characters to give me a new play through experience.

Rigid Buffalo
    As others have said, it seems doubtful that they would take this path. Locking choices essentially limits gameplay/re-playability. You want your players to get the most out of your content because it takes way longer for you to create content than it does for them to clear it.

When u do a dungeon or a run in a PVE setting. All your choices only effect that run it self. So after u clear that dungeon and u get all ur loot and gold and cards and prizes. The run is over and i think the dungeon gets reset and you can go back, start from the begining and play through the dungeon again and this time around make whole new choices. This way you can collect those loot,gold cards and mercs that you missed in your first play through.

Determined Zombie
    Well, if you're raising reputation with a particular faction, I'm not sure that your choices only affect that dungeon run. Based on what I've seen of Hex so far, I'm not sure there'll ever be a situation where, by choosing one faction over another, you're effectively screwing yourself for fights later on. There seem, so far at least, to be multiple ways to accomplish the same idea, at least in PvP (i.e., there's not just one color that's good for swarm decks: you can have swarms of bunnies, swarms of artifacts, swarms of zombies and skeletons, etc.), so I'd be surprised if there weren't multiple different ways to skin the same raid boss. I'd be very surprised if your choice of faction provided significant hindrance in actually completing objectives like raids.

Of course, we can't know for sure yet, especially when it comes to PvE. I would like it if your choices in PvE were persistent for that character and your next hero gets the chance to try something new and different, but that's my preference.
    "Be who you are and be that well." - Saint Francis de Sales

Rigid Buffalo
    If you want your choices to stick, then just stick to your choices? It's PvE, no one is making you do all the different options.