Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent PvE Choices?

Permanent PvE Choices?

Do we know if there will be permanent PvE choices in the game? I Know we can raise our faction allegiance and in some dungeons we can choose to save mercenaries and condemn others...but are those choices reversible? If we go back into a dungeon again or later decide to switch factions because of the rewards, can we do so?

I am concerned with this type of game that if you make a choice early on with a faction then find out the mercenary/card you want to use is with another faction that you get hurt by your decision...

Cory made it seem like they are avoiding this type of thing from happening in the twitch feed.

Devoted Emissary
    Where you aren't limited to just one Hero, you can level up another and make different choices also I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by funktion View Post
    Cory made it seem like they are avoiding this type of thing from happening in the twitch feed.
    Where was that in the feed? I asked it a few times but I never heard it was addressed?

Master Theorycrafter
    Early on in the Q&A I believe. I heard it too! When asked about being able to respec, and he laughed and said something along the lines of making it *NOT tiresome.

Edit - I stayed up all night long to watch the feed, thought it was 4am my time, was actually 8. My brain isnt functioning correctly.
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

I remember him answering that too. I think he might've even been answering my particular iteration of the respec question me and a couple others were asking; at the very least he answered shortly after I asked it.

He made it fairly clear we won't need to reroll to change our character builds; we'll be able to respec on the fly, and save different builds to different saved decks so we can switch quickly. Makes sense, if we face a boss and realize we need to switch to a control deck, it'd be a major pain to spend five minutes rejiggering all our talents.

Cory's answer did NOT, unfortunately, really address your specific concern, about making irreparably permanent decisions with various NPCs and factions and mercs. Hard to say how this'll be handled in PvE. Cory and the rest of the team have made it clear they are trying to avoid as many pointless aggravations for players. But would they consider making permanent choices such an aggravation? An argument could be made that having to make those decisions, and being made to stick by those choices, are important for developing the world and our characters.
    Team Squirrel Titans

Yeah the issue I am thinking is say in this dungeon you choose a certain side so you don't get access to a few cards or a mercenary...then 4 dungeons later you find out those cards and merc would be amazing to fight this new raid. But it's too late now. Especially if it's a few sets later and there was no way to know beforehand.

I know you can re spec quickly and change things around on the fly, but character classes will all still need to be leveled for specific benefits if you want them all as well as possible mercenary choices. A way to keep the flavor would be that you have to have one of your characters unlock that mercenary...so you could go through with say a warrior to save one faction, then level your warlock to save the other. Then they are both unlocked to use at anytime for the rest of your game.

Master Theorycrafter
    I dont think that'd be the case, but if it was, just make a second account to go through the content and send the cards over to your main account. About 2 minutes of hassle.
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

I'd be really surprised, given what Cory has said so far, if you couldn't just re-run the dungeon and make the other choices if you wanted to. Especially since they have mentioned that there are hidden things in each dungeon to seek out, implying multiple runs. What that will do to your faction ratings though at this point is hard to say.

Infernal Professor
    Basically he said they are not going to punish you if you want to respec, so outside of duels sounds like it will be free to do whenever.