Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Batman Arkham City Escape: Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is there a way for Batman to draw extra cards? I run out pretty fast...
    A: Batman is the harder side to play for sure. That's the challenge of the game: Win as Batman. If you are struggling, we suggest you play with a house rule that allows Batman to draw 2 Combat Cards at the end of his turn, instead of just 1.

Q: If Batman rolls and captures a Villain, can I play TYGER Helicopter on that Villain to run away and avoid the capture?
    A: No, you cannot. And even if you could, there is nothing saying that running away negates the capture. Once a capture has happened, the Villain is off the board. The phrasing on the card mentions it can be played only if Batman has captured a Villain during his last turn or the current turn, but it is not referring to a Villain currently being captured.

Q: Under the Optional Rules on page 12, Batman can skip his entire turn to draw 3 Combat Cards if he has no cards in hand at the start of his turn. Is that option only available if you are playing with the Optional Villain rules?
    A: No, you are free to use that when playing with the normal rules.

Q: If I don't wish to take a Hostage, can I move a face-down Villain onto a Batman Ally and NOT flip my Villain face up?
    A: A Villain ALWAYS flips face up when it occupies the same space as an Ally or Batman. Note that you can leave the Ally behind and not move with it, since a Hostage slows you down.

Q: Can you play an attachment face down? Or onto a face-down Villain?
    A: No and no. You must play attachments face up and only onto face-up Villains.

Q: If I make a Gel attack against a face-down Villain, does it flip face up?
    A: Yes. Otherwise you wouldn't know how many successes you needed.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 05-28-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

can henchman and lunatics be placed down as a villain or can they only be spawned in by the penguin and hugo strange

They can be placed down as Villains just like any other Villain.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

hi everyone my name is johnson and i am the great fan of batman series.batman ark ham city is my favorite game as ever i love this game. it is so amazing that whenever i get a time i played with my friends.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 09-30-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Hey Matt,
    Is there any chance of getting a game featuring Man of Steel Superman?? I would love that

I will mention the idea to the bosses. Could be interesting...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If Deadshot is flipped face up as a result of encountering Batman, does his flip effect to make Batman discard 2 then move himself up to 2 spaces away apply immediately, or will Batman fight Deadshot first? If they fight first and Deadshot is captured, will he still force Batman to discard 2 combat cards?

Will their be an expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRelph001 View Post
    If Deadshot is flipped face up as a result of encountering Batman, does his flip effect to make Batman discard 2 then move himself up to 2 spaces away apply immediately, or will Batman fight Deadshot first? If they fight first and Deadshot is captured, will he still force Batman to discard 2 combat cards?
    Deadshot moves before any combat can take place.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Arrojacast View Post
    Will their be an expansion?
    No plans for one at this point, sorry.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D