Thread: Suggestion: Artist credits on the cards

Suggestion: Artist credits on the cards

I've been a huge fan of all the art I've seen so far*, and I keep finding myself wanting to know who's behind these cards. Most if not all card games provide artist credits, and I'm really hoping that'll show up in Hex. And if design real estate is at a premium on the cards, I might suggest that the double back would be the perfect place to slip in this information. It keeps it easily accessible, and you can keep the front of the card full of the information you'll need in-game.

*Well, maybe Spectral Assassin looks a little goofy, but other than that, breathtaking art in this game. Ozawa, Cosmic Elder and Eurig the Robomancer are my two favorites right now.
    Team Squirrel Titans

Have to agree with ya. If not on the face then at least on the back with the statistical information of our cards. Some of my favorite artist I follow through Deviant Art from mentions on the card.

I've been looking for the art credits myself and haven't seen any. I would love to see it on the double-back. In addition, I'd love a sort cards by artist.

Sounds like a good idea. Give credit where credit is due, only fair.

Master Theorycrafter
    Its confirmed. Thats where the artist name is.
    "The way their wizard beards curl betwixt their cleavage and around their breasts... pretty hot!"

Quote Originally Posted by TexArcane View Post
    I've been looking for the art credits myself and haven't seen any. I would love to see it on the double-back. In addition, I'd love a sort cards by artist.
    I never even thought of that as a sorting option, but now I'm intrigued. I know that I've found several artists I really liked through the Game of Thrones CCG, and even donated on some of their sites and downloaded wallpapers of some of their other work. This would actually be an awesome feature.

Additionally, as a silly dungeon/achievement, you could have to do something using a deck only containing cards from one or two artists Not sure how many cards each artist did, but that would be a really weird theme deck with a consistent artistic style.

I love this idea. I still remember some of the old MTG artists from their signatures on their cards. Mark Poole.