Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stretch goals lowering value of higher tiers (blank tier and up get this)

I think it makes sense; there are a lot of people on the lower tiers, and convincing someone who's in for $50 to pay a mere $15 to get a cool new reward shouldn't be too difficult. But if every single Captain moved up to Knight, that's an extra eight and a half thousand! Someone who's putting only $50 in is pretty unlikely to jump straight up to $250, but convincing them the small jump is worthwhile could bring in a lot of money.

On the other hand, I hope there are some cool Stretch Exclusives for people backing at the higher tiers (the $250 and up level) once we unlock the last few stretch goals.

I definitely respect that everybody values different things as that is what makes us individuals. I wasn't saying that all previous stretch goals should be changed. I don't think they should be. I think that the last few should target several different tiers in different ways. I'm not only saying that just higher tiers should get amazing rewards. I am saying that every pledge tier should be rewarded. Reward the whole spectrum in appropriate ways. Give the pledgers on the low end as well as the high end something to be happy about. 3100 backers are below the king tier. I'm very glad that there are so many supporters, because this is a long overdue genre. I've been a judge for a couple card games and been an end game raider in countless mmo's. I am just really really excited and hope that every pledger that is making this possible feels the excitement of it all.
    Last edited by Brumby66; 05-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Gigantisaur
    The rewards from lower tiers should cascade and not just be equal.

120 gets 1
    250 gets 2
    500 gets 3
    1000 + gets 4

That's what is required to even things out.

Incentiving 1000 people to pledge $15 more is $15k
    Incentiving 20 people to pledge at immortal/Producer is $100k

~

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post

120 gets 1
    250 gets 2
    500 gets 3
    1000 + gets 4

~
    I agree. Not only would people be encouraged to higher tiers, but when they move up they will create space in the tiers they are currently occupying. I think this would cause a shifting upward effect.

At this point while pro player is gone I feel like it makes more sense to do double king if you intend to spend $250 than probably to do any of the others. I think they should bump up the perks for some of the other $250 tiers, especially collector (as right now double king gets you 4 of each pve exclusive, collector gives 3 but doubles of the pvp alternate arts). Double king gets you a lot more value though, unless you really want those exclusive alternate art cards that only collector will get.

If you intend to go grand king + pro player or something like that, it doesn't really matter all that much to be honest unless you really want the extra boosters. Even at king and opening 155 boosters + 1 primal you are likely to be short quite a bit on 4 of every card....

But 1000 backers i 1000 more people we can play with, but 20 is only 20.
    It is also bout getting more people into playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post

120 gets 1
    250 gets 2
    500 gets 3
    1000 + gets 4

~

Honestly, at this point I don't care who gets what for bonuses. I'm already getting more than I initially agreed to when pledging at my tier. Anything more at this point is simply a nice bonus on top of everything else. And if everybody on a lower tier than me gets these same new benefits I'm happy. Especially if done in a way that encourages more people to pledge to support the product.

I'm also not a huge fan of having exclusive cards that others can't access, so giving these rewards to a larger number of people is fine with me. Hopefully the total number of pledgers will just be the tip of the iceberg at release, so those wanting exclusive rare cards will still have something special, even if every person that pledged at a squire level also gets the card.

I really don't think the stretch goals should be for anything above King. The more exclusive the stretch goal bonuses are the less people will want to jump in if they can't put money in those higher tiers. With all the Dragon Lord tiers up it leaves Grand King or Immortal for your starting higher tiers, and I think making a stretch goal bonus that high wouldn't be helping.

Gigantisaur
    Now that I've set as much money as I have aside for this game, I've decided what I really want is to see as many people playing as we can get. REWARD THEM ALL!

After all, the first taste is free... =)
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

This is not about wanting more items... It's about wanting Hex to receive the most amount of funding possible. More funding means more features, more polish, more content, and most importantly, the strongest launch possible. A successful launch and ample content is important to recruiting and retaining players. I am also more than happy with what my pledge is getting. I care more about the health of the game than the amount of rewards. A higher budget will allow for a bigger team which means more content at a faster pace. This is absolutely necessary to the health of the game.