Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stretch goals lowering value of higher tiers (blank tier and up get this)

Quote Originally Posted by Brumby66 View Post
    This is not about wanting more items... It's about wanting Hex to receive the most amount of funding possible. More funding means more features, more polish, more content, and most importantly, the strongest launch possible. A successful launch and ample content is important to recruiting and retaining players. I am also more than happy with what my pledge is getting. I care more about the health of the game than the amount of rewards. A higher budget will allow for a bigger team which means more content at a faster pace. This is absolutely necessary to the health of the game.
    Yes more funding does mean more content, but you get more funding by enticing everyone to pledge money even at the lower levels instead of someone that can only pledge $50 or $100 to not bother cause all the cool stuff is at the $2,000 mark or even the $500 mark. More people with smaller donations that might upgrade later before the end is better then people not pledging cause all the nice extra stretch goal goodies are at the higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinRaven View Post
    Yes more funding does mean more content, but you get more funding by enticing everyone to pledge money even at the lower levels instead of someone that can only pledge $50 or $100 to not bother cause all the cool stuff is at the $2,000 mark or even the $500 mark. More people with smaller donations that might upgrade later before the end is better then people not pledging cause all the nice extra stretch goal goodies are at the higher levels.
    I never said that I wanted just the higher tiers to get rewards. In fact I have said that every tier should get rewards. Did you know that there are 1000 people who don't get any additional rewards (except for game changes) through stretch goals? There's roughly another 1000 in the warrior tier that are mentioned once in the stretch goals. Those 2 groups make up a third of backers and receive little to nothing. I am saying that every tier should get some type of reward. I do believe that they need to increase that reward for the higher ones to incentivize. There should be a range of rewards for different tiers.
    Last edited by Brumby66; 05-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Infernal Professor
    Personally I think that the extra sleeves and getting to work with Cryptozoic to design your own art -is- enough of an exclusive reward for the highest tiers. And while there are no additional cards going to people at the lowest tiers, they all benefit from increases in the stretch goals that added additional content to the PVE side of the game. We can now all get authenticators if we want them, we'll all see an additional city for every faction, we'll all be able to craft, play 3 additional raids, 10 new dungeons and enjoy the new board art and particle effects. So I don't really feel like the fact that every tier doesn't get to share in every stretch goal is detrimental to the games funding efforts. While the pro tier was clearly a huge boon to anyone who could afford it, Cryptozoic has allowed people to stack accounts and merge the rewards from multiple pro or grand kings or what they want to buy. Basically if you don't feel that the Dragon Lord giving you one of every non exclusive card at release is enough incentive to pick it up when you can have 3 weekly tournament entries for free with GK+2 Pro, then you had that option. I'm not sure what is needed to retain this momentum is to add more to the highest tiers. While I will admit that it would be nice if one upcoming stretch goal affected everyone from supporter on up, what I feel like they should do is create an add-on system. Set prices for the various additions to peoples pledge levels, as many other Kickstarters have in the past. This way if someone wanted to have a free weekly tournament on their account they could say, pay 150 dollars or something along those lines. I'm not sure what exactly they would set the prices at, but I've seen a multitude of add-ons to tiers that help bring in a lot more activity.

And honestly, the only thing that will retain the momentum we have had thus far is if we can continue to attract many more contributions, getting the word out about Hex will help us attract new backers in the same or greater numbers than what we've been seeing this far. Now that they don't have any more Pro tiers, or Dragon Lords for people to purchase it becomes even more important to attract many new people to fund the game at lower tiers to have any hope of keeping up with the flurry of activity during the first 10 days.
    Last edited by Clawdius; 05-18-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumby66 View Post
    I never said that I wanted just the higher tiers to get rewards. In fact I have said that every tier should get rewards. Did you know that there are 1000 people who don't get any additional rewards (except for game changes) through stretch goals? There's roughly another 1000 in the warrior tier that are mentioned once in the stretch goals. Those 2 groups make up a third of backers and receive little to nothing. I am saying that every tier should get some type of reward. I do believe that they need to increase that reward for the higher ones to incentivize. There should be a range of rewards for different tiers.
    I agree. They could also add stuff to lower tiers that wouldn't "stack" if you got multiples of that tier, like the mercenary heroes, that would both increase the value of the lower tiers but not decrease the value of upper tiers by stacking lower.