Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Necrotic

  1. #11
    Hero of Adamanth
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    TN, USA
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanisse View Post
    there's a card that lets you sacrifice life for drawing cards :P
    guess that's as good as it gets , honestly .
    and there are a few undead that you might like :
    1/2 2 cost skeleton that transforms into 0/1 uppon death , then pay 4 to re-make the skeleton :P
    and a 3/3 4 cost guy that is unblockable and heals you for the ammount it damages opponent .
    and a huge 5/4 unblockable 6 cost creature that asks you to sacrifice 2 creatures :P

    these are all for black , not sure if all are necrotic btw xD .
    looks good to me, when i did play mtg i liked black/red and green. green stompy with bunnies is a new twist to things lol

  2. #12
    The shin'hare (bunnies) are wild and blood (green and black) so they might have some of the effects you are looking for. Likewise the orcs are ruby and blood (red and black.)

  3. #13
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsingDS View Post
    Although I'm currently questioning the all-male Vennu race and how they procreate I'm also looking forward to seeing how they play out.
    Take a look at the "story" section of the hextcg.com site. It has background on all the races.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

  4. #14
    Yeah, I saw the twitch stream... but there's a lot of things I enjoyed about black decks that I doubt any of us have seen yet save for perhaps those who have visited the studio ;p I just hope they do exist... From the way things are shaping up from previews just now I fear that certain mechanics are going to be too focused on certain races which only produce effects associated with certain colours... for example it looks like the rabbits might only use black as an input to create green outputs (lose life = token creature, sacrifice = bigger creature), even the Vennen sacrifice card we've seen looks like a black/green hybrid. This could potentially be a limit to the mechanics that I'd personally hate to see...

    Of course, its still very early days though and there's a ver good chance my fears are wrong, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed to make sure that this is the case

    Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    Take a look at the "story" section of the hextcg.com site. It has background on all the races.
    Someones already pointed this out, I had assumed that the 'mother' was an extraplanar deity like Lolth rather than a physical entity.
    Last edited by HellsingDS; 05-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  5. #15
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsingDS View Post
    Yeah, I saw the twitch stream... but there's a lot of things I enjoyed about black decks that I doubt any of us have seen yet save for those who have visited the studio ;p I just hope they exist... From the way things are shaping up from previews just now I fear that certain mechanics are going to be too focused on certain races which only produce effects associated with certain colours... for example it looks like the rabbits might only use black as an input to create green outputs (lose life = token creature, sacrifice = bigger creature). This could limit the mechanics in a way that I'd hate to see...

    Of course, its still very early days though and there's a good chance my fears are wrong, I just hope they are
    You don't have to limit your card pool to one race, and effects/constants are not going to be race locked.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

  6. #16
    The Dragon's Blood KS exclusive starting deck looks like based on necrotics (that big dragon)...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    You don't have to limit your card pool to one race, and effects/constants are not going to be race locked.
    Of course they won't be... not entirely anyway... my worry is about the majority of certain mechanics ending up with certain races and only producing certain effects. It states in the racial description that the rabbits pump out cannon fodder and sacrifices suggesting that sacrifice is a big mechanic for the rabbits and so far I see no sacrificial abilities that deviate from a green output.

  8. #18
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsingDS View Post
    Of course they won't be... not entirely anyway... my worry is about the majority of certain mechanics ending up with certain races and only producing certain effects. It states in the racial description that the rabbits pump out cannon fodder and sacrifices suggesting that sacrifice is a big mechanic for the rabbits and so far I see no sacrificial abilities that deviate from a green output.
    Right, but what I'm saying is just because you're playing a rabbit hero doesn't mean you have to use a rabbit deck. So what if the reanimation cards fall under Necrotic? You can still use them.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •