Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade cards?

They could circumvent it by letting them become tradable after say, 6 months, or letting you destroy them for crafting. I also would be unhappy having stuck cards.

Veteran Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    They could circumvent it by letting them become tradable after say, 6 months, or letting you destroy them for crafting. I also would be unhappy having stuck cards.
    The 6 month thing would be fine, but I wouldn't want them to be craftable. It would essentially be the same thing as making them tradable, as people would make accounts, craft the cards, and then ship the mats off to their main account.
    Grand King x2 + Collector

I would imagine you can delete any card out of your collection that you want to including the demo deck.

Veteran Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by TexArcane View Post
    I would imagine you can delete any card out of your collection that you want to including the demo deck.
    You all need to delete your Lotus Gardens.
    Grand King x2 + Collector

I think the crafting side might be fine, depending on how the system works. Thats a wait and see thing, but I agree, people probably would do that. But add a time limit before being able to, and it is same as my first point - and you could get something useful out of them then.

Gigantisaur
    I don't think they ever said one way or the other if mats were tradable. If not, I'd say let them be deconstructable.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

That's true. If materials can't be traded and the materials gained by trashing your entire free starter deck aren't sufficient to craft a card, people wouldn't be able to spam accounts without at least spending some amount of time playing them, at which point they might as well just play on their original account with a deck that would actually let them win stuff in PvE.

I think it really comes down to what this starter has in it.

If it has no rares in it, then I really don't care if it's tradeable. I know some commons and uncommons might become sought after (everyone had to have a playset of Parvink when WoWTCG first came out, that common was selling for over a dollar). But the market will be flooded with commons soon enough.

And if the rarity of the grinded card effect the crafting material from it, as I expect it will, then I'm not too worried from a crafting standpoint.

However if there is even 1 rare in it, then I'm for Bind to Account. As that hard to get card/crafting material suddenly becomes trivial and abusable.

Why worry about a rare in starter decks when you get a guaranteed rare with each booster? $10 for some rares versus $2 a booster, or even relatively free depending on VIP program/KS rewards, is what'll glut the market.

To be honest here, it sounds like the crafting is a thing you need to earn/unlock by playing. I imagine it would take hours or days to reach, so the time wasted would never be worth the reward. I don't know where the comment is, but it sounded specifically like a faction you need to earn.

So I think destroying should be fine.