Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symbols for races

Symbols for races

Often in such lore, a defining symbol is created for each race. It has a parallel in the real world in arts like heraldry and mon. Does Cryptozoic have symbols for each of the three races? If not, maybe we could get some to show our affiliation with the various denizens of Entrath?

This would be really cool (imagines the t-shirts and hats and dice and lunchboxes and notebook options)

Well, they do have symbols for the two main factions:

The Ardent (humans, elves, coyotle, and orcs):

The Underworld (necrotic, dwarves, shin’hare, and vennen):

We have symbols for the classes (warrior, rogue, etc) but not for the races ... yet. Great idea!

Yeah I need a shin'hare symbol if I'm going to get a tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by hosmann83 View Post
    They could have Japan's Rising Sun, but with a carrot instead.

Devoted Emissary
    Just saying, The Underworld symbol kinda looks like an evil grin. Like it's going, "Muwahahaha! Puny Ardent races cannot stand against the sheer force of our combined strength!".

Which, after thinking about it, matches the Shin'hare lifestyle pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by hosmann83 View Post
    Can I get bumped up a tier on the Kickstarter if I get a tattoo?
    I've been trying to figure out what my first tattoo should be, and I think it should be Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodiron View Post
    Just saying, The Underworld symbol kinda looks like an evil grin. Like it's going, "Muwahahaha! Puny Ardent races cannot stand against the sheer force of our combined strength!".

Which, after thinking about it, matches the Shin'hare lifestyle pretty darn good.
    I think it's an odd symbol for the Underworld because to me it looks like the Orc's mountain god, Kog'Tepetl.

I like the touch of the sword for the ardent, and the hammer for the underworld, which I guess the hammer is symbolizing the dwarves.

I think it's an odd symbol for the Underworld because to me it looks like the Orc's mountain god, Kog'Tepetl.
    Isn't the mountain god the one for the dwarves? Orcs are in Ardent, not Underworld

Wait no, you're right I think. The dwarves believe there's a huge robot living in/under a mountain... It's not the mountain itself.
    Last edited by Cailin_Coilleach; 05-16-2013 at 09:48 PM.