Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that have me excited so far

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by enkur View Post
    I am excited by the prospect of them being able to put away some of the money from the kickstarter to fund cash money tournament prizes in the future...
    I have a hunch about that. First off, cash payouts on select tourneys will deepen and broaden the player pool significantly and that will be awesome for the community. Second, Cory has already said that cash payout tourneys are in the works if they can make it happen. Awesome! Third, since the original video announcement, cash prize tourneys (and one other thing I'll get to in a moment) have been deflected and/or ignored by Crypto employees ever since the original video, even though they have been more than forthcoming about any legitimate question we have asked.

We have 4 stretch goals to go, 3 are 'uncommon' and 1 is 'rare'. I'm putting myself out a bit here (sorry Crypto if I am right and it steals thunder that rightly belongs to you), but I'll bet that rare stretch goal is either a) cash out option for platinum, making the AH a huge, real deal, or b) cash prize tourneys. Please note that I have NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE and that I am PURELY SPECULATING, and THIS IS NOT FROM CRYPTO IN ANY WAY, but it would fit from what I've seen from them in the past couple of weeks(They were fairly quiet on authenticators until VOILA! stretch goal #1!)

I'm probably wrong, and don't burn me at the stake if I am, but here's for hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by enkur View Post
    I am excited by the prospect of them being able to put away some of the money from the kickstarter to fund cash money tournament prizes in the future. Nothing has been said about this but I think it would go along way to repairing their reputation over all the problems they had with World of Warcraft payouts.
    I believe the whole WoW TCG fiasco was due to UDE, not Crypto.
    Proud Day 1 Alpha Player Man This Game Come A Long Way!

Gigantisaur
    He's talking about payments from tournaments.
    Players wait 6 months / 1 year to get their cash/amazon coupons.

~

I am excited for todays goals reveal! Anything there has to be interesting to see at least.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I am excited for todays goals reveal! Anything there has to be interesting to see at least.
    Me too, regardless. This is becoming an incredibly cliche statement at this point, but I've never been drawn in by a game release like this one. Checking the website, updating constantly, participating in forums (!?!). Very unlike me, but I am pumped about this game.