Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods/Addons/Third-party software

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Agreed, but it would be better quality in-house. I won't use a 3rd party one, ever.
    My only apprehension is the inherent distraction it'll be on my work

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Agreed, but it would be better quality in-house. I won't use a 3rd party one, ever.
    Ya assuming this would have to be a first party Add on.

One thing I would like to have is an in game/match card database I can browse to read the details on cards. So if I have an idea during a match, I could search for something that fit my need and mark it down for later.
    King Level Pledge

I like the idea of supporting add-ons. Having not played the game I don't know what features will be included or what I would want a mod for but there's always something.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerogero View Post
    One thing I would like to have is an in game/match card database I can browse to read the details on cards. So if I have an idea during a match, I could search for something that fit my need and mark it down for later.
    Good news! You don't need an addon for that, the card database wiki is already being developed =P
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Infernal Professor
    I like addons, I think the addon (and web) community in WoW helped keep it so strong. But there could be potential for addons to be too powerful.

What if someone designed an addon that kept track of every card your opponent revealed in Constructed format, then compared that against a DB of known powerful decks and gave you analysis on what deck they're likely playing?

A good TCG player (not me for the record, heh) knows the power decks of the time, and they could do this analysis themselves. Giving that ability to anyone who just downloads an add-on would be wrong.

I'm all for add-ons that make "quality of life" improvements, make things interesting & fun... but there would have to be a line drawn at add-ons that did the "thinking" for you too much.

nearlysober - thats the point I am trying to make. This is why I would rather have nothing but what the devs hand us - at least we can feel secure.

I mean, if I actually happened to get good enough to gun for the top spot i na tournament, I dont want someone suddenly stacking their deck against me without me even knowing it. And I have more reasons, but I don't feel like filling this thread with fears and apprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    Good news! You don't need an addon for that, the card database wiki is already being developed =P
    Not quite what I want. It would be great to have it in game so I could flag cards on my account or click through cards that create other cards.
    King Level Pledge

I dislike the idea of 3rd party add ons cause it opens up more avenues for bug/glitches/and out right cheating/hacking. It takes more resources and a lot more oversight to check on all the different 3rd party stuff to make sure it functions and isn't letting people cheat the system. I'd rather them just take the ideas and what players want, with in reason, and add it themselves.

WoW's decision to allow third party mods was one of their genius decisions I think. That being said they'd have to be REALLY careful if they were to do something like that for Hex though. They'd probably have to ban mods in tournaments (or at least major tournaments) like they do for WoW.