Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTGO Player questions

MTGO Player questions

I have been playing mtgo for 5 or 6 years, so some of my questions will come from an MTGO angle. I read these forums for a couple hours the other day and I am a getting a little excited about this game. I really like the secondary markets in TCGs, so please add any info into your responses that are known. Onto the questions.....

Q. Draft requires you to have 3 packs and provide a small entry fee.

What is the small entry fee?

Is it an item like what a ticket is in MTGO? In mtgo a ticket = $1 and can only be purchased through the store.

Will this item be tradable?

If it is an item like a "ticket" in mtgo, how will it differ? Can it be divided up to the hundredths? Example Small bunny for sale .05 tickets.

Q. I read gold will be the currency for PVE, what will the "projected" currency be for selling cards to other players, what will bots be accepting for the cards their selling?

Q. Close to the same question, what currency will the auction house be using?

Q. I see you can donate through paypal at their website. Do you get anything extra for doing that instead of kickstarter since they get to keep more of the money?

Q. Spectral Lotus Garden , do you have to login each day to get a Spectral Lotus? Or do they just keep adding to your collection if your online or not.

Q. I keep reading cards that create other cards such as the Kraken, create a "Kraken tentacle"

How do you know what the stats are on these creatures the cards create? They posted the Tentacle on the webpage as a 1/1 but where does the number come from?

Q. Did I read you keep the cards from beta to the launch of the live client?

Ill have more questions later,

Thanks

Gigantisaur
    Read the kickstarter

Draft entry is $7

Also read : http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

~

The small fee will be $1; whether this will take the form of a ticket or whatnot is, I believe, unknown. People are speculating a currency of gold for in game winnings and platinum for real life money equivalents.

Donating via Paypal gives the same rewards as via Kickstarter.

I believe you will need to log in for the Lotus.

One of the main differences between this and other TCGs seems to be the number of cards that simply refer to another card - "Create a Battle Hopper" "Becomes a Pile of Bones" etc. Presumably this is because of the digital nature of the game - in real life, a card like that would be reliant on you actually owning this other card. Here, there is no such problem. Whether there'll be a tool tip on the card that tells you the stats of the new card or if you'll be able to look it up in a database or something is at present unclear.

They have said there will be no post beta wipe.

Gigantisaur
    Gold and Platinum aren't speculations.
    Guys, read the kickstarter, look at the photos and read the FAQ.

~

What is the small entry fee?
    It's $1's worth of platinum for a draft. You buy platinum with real money and can use it to buy entry, boosters, etc.
    Yes, and there will be an auction house where you can sell items / cards / boosters for it as well.

Q. I read gold will be the currency for PVE, what will the "projected" currency be for selling cards to other players, what will bots be accepting for the cards their selling?
    Platinum, but I don't know that there will necessarily be bots. It's a supported trade platform.

Platinum and gold.

Q. I see you can donate through paypal at their website. Do you get anything extra for doing that instead of kickstarter since they get to keep more of the money?
    Nope, it's just a different option. Works for people without a credit card.

Q. Spectral Lotus Garden , do you have to login each day to get a Spectral Lotus? Or do they just keep adding to your collection if your online or not.
    You have to log in to get it.

Q. I keep reading cards that create other cards such as the Kraken, create a "Kraken tentacle"

How do you know what the stats are on these creatures the cards create? They posted the Tentacle on the webpage as a 1/1 but where does the number come from?

If it's like their other GUI features, if you mouse over the text that does the creation, you'll be able to see the card it creates. This is an assumption though, based on how they have done their GUI elsewhere.

Yup, no beta wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    Gold and Platinum aren't speculations.
    Guys, read the kickstarter, look at the photos and read the FAQ.

~
    By speculating, I meant people are assuming real money is the only way to initially buy platinum; though it might be that a small amount is given away as one time quest rewards, I suppose.

I highly doubt there will be bots, they were born out of necessity in mtgo - the hex auction house system will be way better imo
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivdaddy View Post

If it is an item like a "ticket" in mtgo, how will it differ? Can it be divided up to the hundredths? Example Small bunny for sale .05 tickets.

Auction House, likely means that there will be no stupid classifieds department, and we'll be able to find what we want by typing it in. Thus, not bots.

As for AH currency, they have said items could be sold for both Platinum and Gold on the AH
    Pro Player

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivdaddy View Post
    In HEX there are no tokens, because there is no need for tokens. Therefor cards can create other cards. This leads to huge differences. First of all, rules wise it is enough to put the created card's name on the creator card, instead of specifying what the ‘token’ does, what are it's stats and color, etc. Moreover their converted cost can be anything. (Not 0 by default, check the tentacle, it has 1cc.) Those card created can be bounced into the hand, exiled, put into graveyard, shuffled into the library, recast, etc. They don't automatically die when they leave the battlefield as it is the case with MTG tokens.

Yes. There will be no wipe after open beta. The last wipe will be at the end of the closed beta.

You need to log in each day.

The other question where answered in detail before.
    Grand King + King tier Kickstarter Supporter…

Master Theorycrafter
    It has not been confirmed that there will be no wipe after open or closed beta. They have only said they will not do a wipe "post-beta" meaning, once the game is released they will never do a reset.

Also, there was confirmation from OP-Kyle about the mouseover thing for tokens. You will be able to mouseover the name and see what card it is going to create.