Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Poor mans PvP

The Poor mans PvP

First off, there is NOTHING wrong with being poor. Just because someone doesnt have more then 50 dollars to shell out on a card game, does not mean they do not love the card game and enjoy playing it.

Since this game is F2P, I would love a casual PvP mode with preconstructed decks. That way the matches will be 100% balanced and pretested for an enjoyable, addicting experience. Any deck building in this mode would have to be preconstructed, limited, and balanced. For example you get 15 extra Ruby cards to work with, and can select what you want to use out of that card pool for this mode. Or just a premade 60 card deck thats unalterable, whatever way works.

I feel this mode is needed to keep the low budget or completely free players around, what do you guys think?

They've already said that there will be an "anything goes" casual PvP mode, where you can even use PvE cards as well as equipment. So that counts as free PvP, I guess.
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!

I can't say with any certainty, but if the Dragon Blood starting deck being included with the stretch goals is any indication, they probably will have some pre-made decks for sale.

Hero of Adamanth
    sure you could do some pve do get cards to trade/sell for pvp construction, but not sure what you are asking for will be too popular.

sure there will be a ton of different formats for pvp so nothing is impossible tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wallofomens View Post
    They've already said that there will be an "anything goes" casual PvP mode, where you can even use PvE cards as well as equipment. So that counts as free PvP, I guess.
    Equipment seems like a good way to give the casual players some free epic stuff for casual pvp. But the danger is becoming Pay 2 Win when guys who dropped over 1,000 start playing this mode to use their epic PvE equipment, and the same F2P, P2W system emerges.

Unrelated side note: Skill is not a factor you should take into consideration, because the 1,000 dollar guy (Nothing wrong with that), is probably a high skill player as well.

Plus there's the format that allows for PvE cards to be used in PvP games, which will likely be popular in non-tournament matches for players without a ton of PvP cards to play against one another. Whether that becomes a popular tournament format, utilizing all of the cards from both halves of the game, will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybum View Post
    sure you could do some pve do get cards to trade/sell for pvp construction, but not sure what you are asking for will be too popular.

sure there will be a ton of different formats for pvp so nothing is impossible tho.

Magic had this system for ahwile with the old MTGO tutorial, could select preconstructed decks and play others in tutorial. I played it often and it was amazingly fun.

Now they have the DPA Gold Border cards for this, so my idea is not something new.

Hero of Adamanth
    really isnt too bad of an idea and since im not super into pvp sounds more like a format i would have fun in, have a bad habbit of spending alot more then i should on card games so a format like this would be cheaper and prob just as fun

Isn't that kind of what duel of the planeswalkers does? give you preoconstructed decks and the ability to change some, but not all of the cards in that deck...

Well even if the idea sounds good at first but i don't like it. Mtg duels of the planeswalkers was like preconstructed you had a deck and could unlock up to 40 cards to swap or include them to your deck. And boy it was not balanced and really suscked.

I would make it different to have a more equal footing and still deck building skill is involved make a format where only commons are allowed so getting the cards for deck building the would be no issue.