Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade binders

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiv View Post
    So essentially we can all have our own mini-stores?
    always wanted to own a card shop lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybum View Post
    always wanted to own a card shop lol
    Pshh! Who hasn't?!
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!

just like at real tcg events you can see whats up for trade. not sale thats what the auction house is for.

Here is how I feel this could work best.

Each person has one binder, by default the cards are sorted by Color, then rarity.
    A person uses a search function to find a card they are looking for from all the binders.
    Binders of people currently online are shown first, then people with full playsets[4+] of the card searched.

If the person is online and not in a tournament you can send them a urgent message and you can discuss the terms of the trade.
    If the person is not online you have two options:
    Leave a message regarding the card you would like and a link to your Trade Binder
    Leave a message with the specifics of the trade you wish to perform, selecting specific cards from your stash/binder

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenos View Post
    Here is how I feel this could work best.

Each person has one binder, by default the cards are sorted by Color, then rarity.
    A person uses a search function to find a card they are looking for from all the binders.
    Binders of people currently online are shown first, then people with full playsets[4+] of the card searched.

If the person is online and not in a tournament you can send them a urgent message and you can discuss the terms of the trade.
    If the person is not online you have two options:
    Leave a message regarding the card you would like and a link to your Trade Binder
    Leave a message with the specifics of the trade you wish to perform, selecting specific cards from your stash/binder
    I think I would prefer a trade binder, and a wishlist binder, that matches cards when you look. For instance, I have 4x some legendary up for trade, and you have 4x some legendary up for trade that is on my wishlist.

The other implementation I would love to see...average sale price from the Auction House, so that in realtime, card values are updated in the trade binder, based on actual platinum sale prices. The AH will already be there, and saving the last 100 or so sales of a card and averaging the price through an automated system i nthe card db may not be too bad, until we get to somethign with a filled double back or something.
    Pro Player

In all honesty, I don't see the need to have anything like that. There will be an auction house, so it's safe to assume you'll get the best prices there. Why waste time looking through those trade binders when you can just search the auction house for the card you want and buy the cheapest one listed there?

Time Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    In all honesty, I don't see the need to have anything like that. There will be an auction house, so it's safe to assume you'll get the best prices there. Why waste time looking through those trade binders when you can just search the auction house for the card you want and buy the cheapest one listed there?
    Because some people like to trade, instead of just go to an auctionhouse.
    Sometimes you may get a better deal by trading,
    instead of selling your cards and buy the one you want.

Trading could be a big part of the game.
    Same thing with Diablo 2 and 3.
    In 2 there was a lot of trading and in 3 there is none, certainly one factor why 3 isn't that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen91 View Post

In 2 there was a lot of trading and in 3 there is none, certainly one factor why 3 isn't that fun.
    I never traded ingame in Diablo 2, only used Ebay as 3rd Party Auction House - because I got better deals (and real money) for my stuff there.
    Trading something for something else only makes sense in a world without money. There is a reason why you pay for your milk with $ and not with a chicken...or why you pay your MTGO power-rare with Tix and don't trade it for another power-rare
    No offense meant really but as fun as it may sound to you now, nobody would ever use that feature in the long run. Just buying/selling via the auction house is faster and a lot more comfortable.
    Last edited by Khazrakh; 05-28-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen91 View Post

There's a problem with that. Diablo 3 had trading built into the game from the get-go, and eventually had a trade channel. It's just that people were able to get the best deals from the auction house since you could put anything up there. Bartering although is more thrilling, is less efficient. People may trade cards, but the first thing they're gonna do is compare the price of the cards they have and the cards they need on the auction house to guage their worth.

Have a look at Poxnora's system. You post a Rune up and people make offers on it. After a set time the thing ends and you choose which offer to take or to not take anything.
    Proud Day 1 Alpha Player Man This Game Come A Long Way!