Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed Council - Relaxed yet Organized PvE

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreybetween View Post
    1) How strongly does membership in a guild affect a player's gameplay? For example, I noticed that you claim a 10% XP boost to all members for PvE (which is a KS reward for one of your members, I believe). It seems like an environment that gives guild players in-game advantages discourages lone-wolf players. This is especially true if things like extra card draws and life regeneration can be earned in PvP guilds, giving those players a direct advantage over other players (PvE buffs are much better in this regard). So I guess the real crux of this question is: Do many MMO players join guilds simply to remain competitive? That would be a shame, as it would dramatically undercut the social value of a guild, not to mention the entire HEX environment as well.
    10% XP is a nice bonus, but in my opinion, not significant enough to force you to join a guild. Nor, would I not join a specific guild, because it couldn't offer me that bonus. As for people joining a guild to remain competitive, People join guilds in every MMO to remain competitive. Having people skilled players to help you become better, to play against, and raid with, can be huge on how well you do over all. It's social as well. But, even if you formed a guild with a few real life friends, a lot of your goal would be to improve and help each other achieve in game goals (In Dark Age of Camelot, I was first in a guild with real life friends, and then in one that was a major competitive guild. There are actually a lot of similarities in how everyone worked together and interacted. If you find a group you click with, they will become friends)

2) How much does membership in a guild restrict the player's freedom? For example, if I join your PvE guild and decide I want to just silently log in and play a few dungeon matches by myself, will that somehow reflect poorly on me? Will I be expected to trade exclusively with guild mates? Will I be reprimanded for joining in games with players who are not in the guild? .
    There's nothing wrong with playing by yourself, dungeons etc. Some people will be doing a lot of dungeons due to time restrictions. You can jump in and out of a solo dungeon much easier than a PVP match or a raid. I plan on doing dungeons sometimes at work. We have actually talked a little bit, about joining pickup games, actually promoting the guilds image. I plan on doing some random pickup games myself. Not to mention, I've met people from other guilds through the hex forum, that I like, and wouldn't mind playing with.
    Trading, it's not exclusive to guild. You can't limit yourself to in guild trades, or you might not be able to get what you are wanting. Or, potentially, the best deal out there.

3) Aside from participating in forum discussions, what will my actual obligations be to remain an upstanding member of the guild? Am I expected to log a certain number of guild-party raids in a given timeframe?
    There is currently no set in game participation guidelines. Yeah, we would like guildmates to play together, but not required. And, you'll probably do a lot better raiding with guildmates, than random people. (reason being, more coordinated methods of approaching raids, not to mention people in guild will likely be more experienced than random people).

4) In general, what does membership in a guild provide that a player couldn't experience through the standard open forums?
    Well, there's the obvious social aspects. The 10% XP bonus. There are people in guild that might have the raid leader account flag, which is a nice bonus when doing raids. And, you're more likely to get one on one help when you need it, like in deck construction, versus posting questions in forum, netting you more general replies.
    Also, a smaller forum, will allow you to get to know the other people in the forum. It will be easier as well, to figure out who really knows their stuff, and who is just tossing out opinions. The hex forum already has a ton of people active to semi-active here. I think that it will become harder as more people enter the forums, to sift through, all the comments and threads being posted.

5) Why did YOU join this guild? I'd like to hear why each of you is here, so that I can better evaluate my decision. If I understand correctly, players are only allowed to belong to one guild. I just want to make sure I'm committing to the right one, which is especially tough to evaluate given that the game hasn't even been launched.
    Yeah, it is tough. There are several promising, but essentially untested guilds out there now
    The UnNamed Council is not trying to be the biggest guild in the game (I think Clan Black Blade is shooting for that title)
    A medium sized guild, offers in my opinion, a chance to know and be known by most of the other guild members. In a large guild, you can get lost in the crowd. A lot of people form mini groups in large guilds to play with.(this is why you often see break off guilds from the larger guilds in MMOs). So, from a social perspective, I tend to think small to medium guilds are best.
    A medium sized guild like the UnNamed council, has people active pretty much all the time. I have never logged into the guild website, and been the only person active. With a small guild, there will be times, you are the only person playing in your guild. I work nights, and when I will be on varies greatly, so a guild that is large enough to be active pretty much when I am, is a major plus to me.
    So, I mentioned why I liked the idea of a medium sized guild, instead of a small guild, or a huge guild.
    Why the unnamed council specifically. I clicked with a couple of the guild officers here on the hex forums. I liked what they had to say, and, maybe more importantly, how they said it. People tend to be semi-serious there. So, good sense of humor, wanting to be successful in game, but valuing being fun.
    There's a lot of in guild forum activity covering aspects in game and general interest. It has been fun participating in those forums, and they have dropped a lot of card analysis and potential in game strategy, into those forum posts. So, comparing in guild forums, versus official forums, I find that I get as good of information in guild, without having to read 100 posts to learn it.

Actual, thank you for asking these questions. It should be helpful for others to sift through these when looking at potential guilds to join
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Patron-Officer
    keldrin@unnamed-council.com

I was going to fill out the online application but it seems the website is down. Unable to connect to the server. Will try again later tonight.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan420 View Post
    I was going to fill out the online application but it seems the website is down. Unable to connect to the server. Will try again later tonight.
    Enjin was down completely, it's up now.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Thinking of joining our community? Several of our forums, including our Card of the Week articles, are now publicly visible. This means you can preview some of the forums by simply visiting our site.

Our recruitment status is currently medium level. Please make sure you read our Guild Rules before starting a signup form.

You can also ask a question from our members using the Shoutbox window.
    Last edited by Cato; 09-27-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Nice to know Chiany but really Cato? LOL Those letters are huge on mine at least.

Edit: Applied I think? Password?
    Last edited by Callahan420; 09-28-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan420 View Post
    Nice to know Chiany but really Cato? LOL Those letters are huge on mine at least.
    It got your attention then, which was kind of the idea
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Not gonna lie, for a pre-alpha gaming guild, this one is getting fairly large. Nice website and design, btw. I applied.

Master Theorycrafter
    Welcome to the guild Shippal, glittering boots, and LDA1990!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Patron-Officer
    keldrin@unnamed-council.com

Wow your webpage is actually nicer than hex's....

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by icetech View Post
    Wow your webpage is actually nicer than hex's....
    Shh don't tell Cato, his ego is big enough already
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.