Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed Council - Relaxed yet Organized PvE

Sensei of the Wounded Petal

Post The Unnamed Council - Relaxed yet Organized PvE

What kind of Guild is this?

TUC is a community-centric Hex guild which focuses on PvE raids, deckbuilding and dungeon crawling. We are a friendly international community of both professional and non-professional players who seek to enjoy Hex in a non-competitive manner.

We are one of the oldest founding Guilds, starting on the Cryptozoic forums during pre-alpha development in 2013. We created TUC to serve as a base and home for all friendly PvE interested players. It's a place to relax and enjoy the company of like-minded people.

It's also a place to master PvE. We want to fully explore every dungeon, find every secret, loot every piece of gear. We want to build amazing combo PvE decks and share that knowledge. We want to team up with others and take down a tough opponent. Most of all we want to have a blast doing it.

Will you be taking part in PvP and tournaments?

Absolutely, especially as the current closed beta is pure PvP!

In the future our main focus will be on PvE gameplay, however right now members are playing PvP draft constantly and can represent the Guild officially in organised tournaments if they wish. We've also got some great events lined up to get the most out of Beta.

We also plan to take part in friendly inter-guild tournaments from time to time.

How are you run? What are your ranks?

We run TUC as a diplomatic tiered council, with the most active members being given more responsibility.

The Inner Council is TUC's leadership and decision making body. They are TUC's administrators who manage the Guilds services and sites and resolve and decide upon matters which affect the entire Guild. They are frequently advised by the Patrons.

Patrons are TUC's guild officers. They are responsible for interacting with the community, running guild events, helping out with recruitment and forum moderation. They are generally our most active and vibrant members of the community.

Acolytes are our general members. A Guild is nothing without a community behind it and we are proud to build a community of friendly players. Acolytes game together, chat on the forums, share ideas and take part in our events. They also control our rate of Guild growth - they endorse our trial members for advancement after getting to know them.

Initiates are our new trial members. After signing up they can access the Guild forums and immediately jump into the game with us. TUC uses a 'Advancement through Community Feedback' approach to promoting full members.

Guild Mentors are among some of our most veteran players. They support the community by offering advice on deckbuilding, gameplay strategy and by helping train new players.

You have a Guild website?

We most certainly do, built by ourselves and privately funded. No annoying adverts! No fees!

www.Unnamed-Council.com

Thinking of joining our community? Several of our forums, including our General Hex Discussion, are publicly visible. This means you can preview some of the forums to get our sense of our community before committing to an application form.

Features:

• 10% Guild-wide PvE EXP boost
    • Extensive Guild forums - with private member only areas
    • Guild Only Deck building analysis and discussions
    • Private 60 Slot Teamspeak Voice Server
    • Guild Webchat and private Instant Messaging
    • Private trade forum
    • Multiple & enthusiastic Raid Leader members
    • Internal Guild email and thread notifications
    • Regular Guild Events and internal event reminders
    • Occasional grand prize events & tournaments!
    • Dedicated guild officers and admin team
    • Guild rewards, roles and accolades
    • Individual user gaming profiles
    • Rank advancement through Community feedback
    • Official Steam Gaming Group
    • TUC Nintendo Gaming Wing
    • TUC Twitter! #HexTUC

Our Member Numbers: (Updates every 24hrs)

This looks great, how do I join?

We will need you to head on over to our site and submit an online application. An admin will review this to check that you fit in with our Guild values before accepting you as a new Council Initiate. You may or may not be asked an additional question, be sure to keep an eye on your email!

Accepted Initiates have access to most of the forums, the voice server and can game with us. After you have received ten recommendations from existing Guild Members you will be advanced to full membership and have access to all of the guild events and resources.

So why do we have this system in place if we are a relaxed Guild?

Our application form acts as a buffer between people who do not wish to communicate maturely and our regular members. In other words, it blocks casual trolls as it requires a little time to fill out.

The trial period is to absolutely ensure that we are accepting friendly, mature and active Hex players into our community. We want our members to be proud of their Guild and most importantly we want them to enjoy being a part of it.

Anything else I should be aware of?

Yes, by signing up you agree to follow our Guild Rules of Conduct. Please read through these before submitting an application.

Actually, I have some Questions...

Feel free to ask below, we regularly check this thread. You can also publicly use our shoutbox on the guild site or drop us an email to admin@unnamed-council.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your interest in the Unnamed Council! We hope to game with you soon.

Cato, Skyrek, Erebus, Eryn Shades, Astasyneri and Idus
    TUC Inner Council Admin
    Last edited by Cato; 09-24-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Compliments on a very impressive Mission Statement post. As a huge PVE fan, it looks like you you are off to a fantastic start. The Dungeon denizens of Entrath have no idea what's in store for them!

Thanks Dralon!

Former TUC Admin Prime

Hello there!

I am a long time ccg player (never understood where that "tcg" thing came from, but maybe I'm old school?) who has been on hiatus from c/tcgs for a while thanks to the local gaming shop going out of business some years back. I'm looking for a PvE focused guild that is relaxed (can't make guarantees of being on at any given point, and while I doubt this game will lend itself towards DKP, I've never cared for that sort of stuff) while still being active. TUC definitely sounds like a winner from that end.

My only concern is that TUC is a prerelease guild (obviously!) and my personal experience with those is that they have a tendency to get ... extremely large... and I am interested in a guild where I can at least recognize most of the guildies, even if I don't know them all that well. Megaguilds of 100s just aren't my thing. Can you give me an idea of what ballpark you are looking for on total guild size?

Last thing: One recommendation on your website: You may want to add a "retype your password" box to your sign up page just to avoid typos, etc.

Hello Arastor,

Guild size is actually something we are talking about in TUC at the moment. The current consensus is that we will grow to about 100 members, with an open mind to maybe growing larger in the future.

- Cato

Former TUC Admin Prime

Gigantisaur
    Sounds exactly like my kind of deal. Do you have anybody who managed a GK tier aboard? A few of those (as well as RL) will really help, as unfortunately I missed out on that deal

We currently have 12 Grand King backers, 2 Raid Leaders and 2 Dungeon Crawlers to boost our PvE parties. We hope these figures continue to grow with our member numbers

I see you have joined us at this time of writing. Welcome!

Former TUC Admin Prime

Howdy, just how organized are you getting with your current membership for raid times? Do you guys have any idea what timezone concentrations you have set up already? I'm looking for something that would be focused in US PDT (ideally 6-9pm).

I just replied in the looking for guild thread, because I didn't see you post here.

I am personally PDT and we have a few other people in the area.

HEX raids are a little less member intensive then other MMOs, you only need 3 players to do a raid boss.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    We currently have 12 Grand King backers, 2 Raid Leaders and 2 Dungeon Crawlers to boost our PvE parties. We hope these figures continue to grow with our member numbers

I see you have joined us at this time of writing. Welcome!
    Thank you! From what I read in the forums it's just the perfect guild for me: Relaxed, Mature, a good foundation in Raid Leaders and internationally diverse (for Raids at different times of the day, suiting everybody). I am glad to be in!

Just updated my account to Dungeon Crawler, although as far as I know that doesn't apply to raids... .