Thread: Combo guild master and raid leader

Determined Zombie

Combo guild master and raid leader

So,

Since I excitedly found out about this kickstarter and read over the different packages, the guild master and raid leader tiers seemed woefully underwhelming when compared to their 250 brethren. Now, I must concede that being but a humble pledger, I don't know all the facts. This is to say that I believe it entirely possible that when the game comes out we will discover that the raid leader and guild master tiers may turn out to be just as valuable as the other packages in the 250 tier.

Still, even assuming that is possible, looking at the numbers on the packages justifies my first thoughts on looking them over, "Neat but not as good as the Pro Player, Collector, or Dungeon/Night Crawler" (I thought of X-Men as soon as I saw that package). Also, I would argue that a raid leader and guild master are commonly one and the same person in most MMOs anyway. My experience raiding in WOW (which is pretty extensive) more often than not showed this to be true. Whether with my guild or pugging, the raid lead was almost always a guild master or at the very least working in conjunction with the guild master (as happened when I pulled together raid groups).

Finally, while combining the perks of guild master and raid leader would definitely be a supersize to their packages, it wouldn't necessarily push them over the other 250s. For example, I'm a collector at heart, and this change, while making it harder for me to choose collector over them, would not be enough to turn me away from the collector package. That's just me, I don't mind some extra farming or greater raid difficulty (BRING ON THE PAIN). For others though, I would strongly argue that combining the two packages as suggested while keeping the same tier price ($250) would add a good number of backers at that level- whether upgrading, buying in, or adding packages on.

There are other reasons, and I have more thoughts on the matter, but this is gone on long enough atm.

TL;DR

Combining the perks of raid leader and guild master makes a lot of sense. Read above for details.

-Odjn
    Whoa Collector Time!

Well, Guild Master gets 90 extra boosters they can give themselves. Raid leader just sucks.
    Collector Tier - I am out of my mind spending this much on a Kickstarter. You better be good, Hex!

Raid Leader at least still has an effect when you hit max level.

The two tiers should have been combined. They're inherently both unselfish choices, anyway.

I went with Guild Master myself. I know in comparison it isn't the most effective, but, there will be a lot of cards and champions I will want to level as a completionist, and being able to do that 10% faster for the rest of my career is worth the investment. I also am looking to get more of my current friends/guildies into the game as it comes closer to coming out, and making sure they get the boost as well seemed like a nice way to spend my money. I will probably end up re-gifting most of the packs back to myself, but, there may be a few friends who don't do the kickstarter and would want to help them along with their deck.

just get Grand King like any reasonable person would ;P.

*running ducking*

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by NaryaDL0re View Post
    just get Grand King like any reasonable person would ;P.

*running ducking*
    I laughed.

But to the OP, I would support rewarding Raid Leader with Guild Master bonus, and GM with RL bonus. I think it makes sense.
    I wouldn't expect to see it happen though. Right now, for $500 you can have both and just combine the tiers. You'd still be getting a good value out of it.
    KICKSTARTER Backer Dragon Lord Pro Collector

Go pick up a Slacker Backer for your friends and/or family.

Determined Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRGamer View Post
    Well, Guild Master gets 90 extra boosters they can give themselves. Raid leader just sucks.
    If that's the biggest value in guild master, might as well just get two kings. You'll get an extra set of each of the pve ks exclusives (including lotus), pvp alt. art, three more months of VIP, and 60 extra packs (a 66%) gain in packs) among other benefits all for $10 less in pledging. The big things you'd miss on would be the Guild Master specific bonus and a year of free drafting, of the two the guild master bonus is more valuable in the long run, but something you can enjoy just by being in the same guild as someone who already has the bonus.
    -odjn
    Whoa Collector Time!