Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spending money in Hex - Strategy

Thanks for this, will have to keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    It's only 3 hours a draft if you win every game (except the last one, anyway.)
    Well, if you shoot for anything less, you should just rare draft with the rest of em :P

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Well, if you shoot for anything less, you should just rare draft with the rest of em :P
    Backed yourself into a corner there, huh? It takes too long if you win, but it's only worth it if you win, anyway. =P

I hope I'll be good enough to win 8-4s I dunno if I'll ever play them, kind of a big gamble.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    If you don't have the time, and are not competitive, do not hestitate, and instantly join a single elimination draft high odds. This does not mean you pay more for the draft, it just means if you don't win, you don't win. This draft mode will have the highest potential of pro players in it. What does that mean?.... RARE DRAFT BABY!
    This is why I really wish they would just let players keep the pack they open in a draft. I plan to draft with most, if not all of my packs, but I don't expect to be a high level player and win a lot. So the thought of people rare drafting just really bothers me. Yes, a rare drafter (who also plays poorly or makes no attempt to draft a deck) increases my odds of winning the draft, but it still just seems crappy that they will set up the system in a way that encourage people to join a draft for the purposes of not even playing the draft.

As someone relatively inexperienced in drafting, I'm going to feel pressured to draft rares just to not "lose out" on my packs. And if I actually try to just draft, and lose, its going to feel worse than just losing.

Quote Originally Posted by EntropyBall View Post
    This is why I really wish they would just let players keep the pack they open in a draft. I plan to draft with most, if not all of my packs, but I don't expect to be a high level player and win a lot. So the thought of people rare drafting just really bothers me. Yes, a rare drafter (who also plays poorly or makes no attempt to draft a deck) increases my odds of winning the draft, but it still just seems crappy that they will set up the system in a way that encourage people to join a draft for the purposes of not even playing the draft.

As someone relatively inexperienced in drafting, I'm going to feel pressured to draft rares just to not "lose out" on my packs. And if I actually try to just draft, and lose, its going to feel worse than just losing.
    Keep your own pack ends up with other problems and is less intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Talreth View Post
    I hope I'll be good enough to win 8-4s I dunno if I'll ever play them, kind of a big gamble.
    That depends. For example draft is my favourite format and I've played it A LOT and have become quite good at it. So it is far less of a gamble to play 8-4s. If you are rather new to drafting, 8-4 is a gamble that you will almost always lose.
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Keep your own pack ends up with other problems and is less intuitive.
    Yup... Another thread all about that. I think the majority there agrees.

This is a great article. Please tell the most people to jump into 8/4 's and rare draft. It will definitely help those of us that are trying to actually get value. It's a win/win. More is better.

Ugh... If you are going to rare draft, please don't do it in Swiss. You'll leave three opponents bored versus single elimination. 8-4 players at least get a chance for a little better compensation for time wasted.
    http://file3.guildlaunch.net/319924/...etonbanner.jpg
    Murder Inc. - Strong PvP / PvE - Professional Leadership
    www.hexmurderinc.com