Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exactly How Many Hex Cards Are There?

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Really? That's a surprise. How many players were around during the unlimited set?
    Less than 100k, HEX will have that much by the end of beta

My DCI number is from Ice Age and in the low 200k...

~

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    Less than 100k, HEX will have that much by the end of beta

My DCI number is from Ice Age and in the low 200k...

~
    The current cards are spread out to about 10k backers. Probably a bigger concentration of cards/player atm.

Interesting statistics.

The biggest question may be how big was the MTGO first print when it first released. Because if HEX number is beating that then HEX can register on Guines for the world most sold digital TCG at first print.
    Once an observer then Pro Tier, and now Grand King Tier.

Previous TCG Experience: Eye of Judgment, Magic the Gathering, Carte, Shadow Era, Yu Gi Oh, Ascension, Infinity Wars
    Currently Playing: HEX, Spellweaver
    Looking forward to: Warlords of Terra, Labyrinth

English Blog: Digital Card Gamers English
    日本語サイト: Digital Card Gamers Japanese
    HEX Search Engine
    Spellweaver Search Engine

Quote Originally Posted by MugenMusou View Post
    Interesting statistics.

The biggest question may be how big was the MTGO first print when it first released. Because if HEX number is beating that then HEX can register on Guines for the world most sold digital TCG at first print.
    I doubt it has much of a "first-run." MTGO is the most unmarketed digital TCG... I didn't know it still existed until this forum.

Gigantisaur
    The current cards are spread out to about 10k backers. Probably a bigger concentration of cards/player atm.
    Yeah, but you know it won't stay that way long once trading begins
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Can you considered a digital release as a print? or compare it with the print numbers of current TCGs? With it being digital they don't have to worry about printing costs and shipping it out to stores.

How I see it in the long run this mass release of cards is quite smart. At Beta and Release the auction house prices should be fairly stable compared to a brand new MMOs where you have outrageous prices for items that will end up being fairly common.

The numbers alone are fairly interesting, with Paypal backers it should be even more cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    Yeah, but you know it won't stay that way long once trading begins
    Trading won't change the average cards/player.

Only new players will lower the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaian View Post
    Can you considered a digital release as a print? or compare it with the print numbers of current TCGs? With it being digital they don't have to worry about printing costs and shipping it out to stores.

How I see it in the long run this mass release of cards is quite smart. At Beta and Release the auction house prices should be fairly stable compared to a brand new MMOs where you have outrageous prices for items that will end up being fairly common.

The numbers alone are fairly interesting, with Paypal backers it should be even more cards.
    I would consider it as such, only because they are doing block rotation.
    At some point, these cards will probably be no longer "in-print."

Quote Originally Posted by darkbreaker View Post
    1081 * ([4 * 60] + [15*60]) = 1,232,340
    1891 * ([4 * 60] + [15*150]) = 4,708,590

Am I doing the math wrong or the post is counting the number of boosters instead of cards? This should give a number way greater than 28mi

EDIT: meh not way higher than 28... :P
    In my calc it was 8,714,250.00 king and below, 7,351,560.00 above king (16mi from starters and boosters) but thats not way higher as I said.
    Oh yeah, I made a mistake on the original calculations, but I corrected it and forgot to do so on the post.

Fixed it. Thanks.

Gigantisaur
    Trading won't change the average cards/player.

Only new players will lower the average.
    Well yeah, but trading won't really start happening heavily before new blood enters. Not with all the packs we're starting with.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)