Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exactly How Many Hex Cards Are There?

Anytime there's a flood of cards, trade volume should go up, unless it's *exactly* the cards you wanted.... Collectors want to build sets but not bust tons of packs, and the people who don't have a metric ton of cards will trade for deck cards.

Most players won't get 4x of the legendaries/mythics they want, and some people will be speculating that the price will rise when the game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    Man, we just murdered so many digital trees!
    LOL.
    Yeah I'm kinda glad its not in print. We get our card instantly!

I assume since there can be an infinite number of cards, there's just an algorithm that runs for booster pack generation to preserve the proper general ratios of card rarity?

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Anytime there's a flood of cards, trade volume should go up, unless it's *exactly* the cards you wanted.... Collectors want to build sets but not bust tons of packs, and the people who don't have a metric ton of cards will trade for deck cards.

Most players won't get 4x of the legendaries/mythics they want, and some people will be speculating that the price will rise when the game releases.
    Good point. I was thinking people would be waiting for release because the value of more common cards will rise at a higher rate than rare/mythic. So while the top rarities wouldn't go up that much, the more common cards we've been glutted with and thus would be ones we couldn't give away would suddenly gain some demand as new players try to build their library from scratch.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryFox View Post
    LOL.
    Yeah I'm kinda glad its not in print. We get our card instantly!

I assume since there can be an infinite number of cards, there's just an algorithm that runs for booster pack generation to preserve the proper general ratios of card rarity?
    Who knows.

It could print a set, and then distribute them to boosters, then randomly distribute those pre-made packs as people open boosters, or just randomly generate each card as it comes out.

In the long run, it should be the same, but in the short run, the former has less variance for specific cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    Good point. I was thinking people would be waiting for release because the value of more common cards will rise at a higher rate than rare/mythic. So while the top rarities wouldn't go up that much, the more common cards we've been glutted with and thus would be ones we couldn't give away would suddenly gain some demand as new players try to build their library from scratch.
    If it's really a problem, they might start to sponsor pauper (commons only) tournaments.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    And something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is the impact of the destruction of cards for crafting materials.
    KICKSTARTER Backer Dragon Lord Pro Collector

Go pick up a Slacker Backer for your friends and/or family.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryFox View Post
    LOL.
    Excellent question! Someone needs to ask this directly to the developers...!

I really hope online TCGs become a standard for the industry. I think it's much easier for people across the globe to participate when everything is online. As far as the 1st run card count is concerned, I think the influx of new players after the beta will balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qorsair View Post
    And something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is the impact of the destruction of cards for crafting materials.
    I think that is supposed to be PVE cards, which are a different set altogether.