Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Convince Me to keep the 250$ teir

Quote Originally Posted by Gridian View Post
    Think long term. With PP you'll get 3 free packs of whichever collection you choose per week - for life. That is a long time
    Even if you are not really into PvP that is a great value - after all, PvP cards can be used in PvE without restrictions. And financially, the PP will pay off soon as has been pointed out above.
    If you can afford it, I'd advise you to keep it. If you are unsure, keep it anyway - one or two monts of water and bread will become an amusing memory in 2 years when you go get your free 3 boosters per week. If you know that you can't afford it, well... either ask a friend to support you or reduce your pledge, as harsh as that sounds.
    Cheers, for this, ill give it some thought for the next for days that it comes in on.

Unless there were a way for us to trade $250 tiers (I'm selfish), I'd say stick with it for now. The value is absolutely amazing! Like Gridian said, you get access to future PVP cards for life--this can absolutely help you in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsonbateman View Post
    I'd be very surprised if there weren't drafts running 24/7.
    But if they arnt, im not sure 250 is a risk for that :P Ill be watching it regardless

One of the reasons ive backed away from collector is that. It's the longest gambit of them all, sure you will get a lot of money selling the cards when the game is 3+ years when/if a large portion of the collectors leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Barin View Post
    One of the reasons ive backed away from collector is that. It's the longest gambit of them all, sure you will get a lot of money selling the cards when the game is 3+ years when/if a large portion of the collectors leave.
    I'd say the longest gambit of them all is Immortal or Producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    I'd say the longest gambit of them all is Immortal or Producer.
    Touche' smart arse But OF the once that i can Quasi afford at the 250 level. Thats the longest of them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Barin View Post
    If you are gambling on the cards being worth it only when collectors leave, you are gambling the wrong way. That's the sign of a failing game, which assumes a static or shrinking playerbase with just a few hardcore people left. What every collector should be wanting is that the cards increase regardless of how many of us stay or leave because of growth in the playerbase due a to a fantastic game that has caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedSol View Post
    If you are gambling on the cards being worth it only when collectors leave, you are gambling the wrong way. That's the sign of a failing game, which assumes a static or shrinking playerbase with just a few hardcore people left. What every collector should be wanting is that the cards increase regardless of how many of us stay or leave because of growth in the playerbase due a to a fantastic game that has caught on.
    Yes Sorry worded and explained poorly.

More players -> Fewer collectors as a % of total playerbase -> Higher demand for collector cards relative to the constant supply.