Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats, Stats, and more Stats

Stats, Stats, and more Stats

Please give me as much stats about how I play as you can. I want to know what card I play most. how many times I play a card. What is my win/lose and any other stats that will help me be a better player.

Just give me the data.

I don't think that anything you mentioned would make you a better player. But yeah, data is always nice to have.
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!

Best thing will be to record your matches and re-watch them afterwards. Stats are nice to have and can help in certain situations I guess.
    Contributor of the Hex TCG Wiki
    Pledges: Pro + 2x Collector + King

I'd like to see a killing blow stat on each card. How many of my games did I win by burning my opponent? What's the percentage of games this card was the final blow of the total number of game the card was actually in my deck, broken down by PVE and PVE.
    Another cool stat would be the average damage a card does each time you play it.

There are so many things they could track and I want them all!
    Grand King supporter

Gigantisaur
    With a purely digital cardspace, they could do some crazy analytics. The question is if it's worthwhile to do so.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Any scientist can tell you: Stats MEAN something, when you know how to read 'em. I would love for there to be crazy analytics like that, and it's entirely within reason for the game.

Any scientist should also realize that statistics can be used to lie just or be misinterpreted much more easily than correctly interpreted...

Throw enough numbers around, and someone's going to bitch about something.
    "X is OP because 60% of players play it in their deck!" - except x is in a starter, so everyone has them
    "Y is UP because only 2% of players play it in their deck!" - except y decks have a 60% win rate
    "Z is OP because it has a 60% win rate!" - except Z is in 60% of decks.

Keep it simple.
    Last edited by Tyrfang; 06-03-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Any scientist should also realize that statistics can be used to lie just or be misinterpreted much more easily than correctly interpreted...

Throw enough numbers around, and someone's going to bitch about something.
    "X is OP because 30% of players play it in their deck!" - except x is in a starter, so everyone has them
    "Y is UP because only 2% of players play it in their deck!" - except y decks have a 60% win rate
    "Z is OP because it has a 60% win rate!" - except Z is in 60% of decks.

Keep it simple.
    Well duh :-P

But we weren't seeking global stats (though they could be neat...), we were talking personal metrics.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapkannibale View Post
    Best thing will be to record your matches and re-watch them afterwards. Stats are nice to have and can help in certain situations I guess.
    I can't agree more.

This was a tactic I stole from a friend many years ago. He would re-watch all of his online poker tournaments to analyze where he made mistakes, where he could improve, etc. I will go back and watch Drafts where I didn't win (and even some that I do) to do the same thing. I have become a much better player since I have started doing this. One very difficult thing to overcome is criticizing yourself and your actions. Once you can realize your own mistakes and learn from them, you will become a very good player.

Master Theorycrafter
    Resources are OP - 100% of all winning decks contain them.