Thread: Suggestions for Stream 6/5

Suggestions for Stream 6/5

Hi all,
    I didn't see a suggestions sub-forum so I thought I'd toss my suggestions out into general here:

1a) Please hot key "Pass Priority" to the spacebar. I understand why having this is important, but having it mapped to a hot key(like spacebar) would be easier so you dont have to drag your mouse around.

1b) OR rework "Pass Priority" to work like how Dotp is set up where a Player could STOP action to respond to something. I don't think this is the better option(it is an option though), 1a is better imo.

2) Dwarven inspiration engine blueprints(the sacrificing bunny/any card that doesn't have a singular activation). I heard all the clicking that had to happen in order to tap 4 dwarves. That is really inefficient. BUT again, i understand the TCG reasons behind it because if someone queue's up 4 activations of the inspiration engine. My suggestion here is to be able to select multiple targets for it's ability easily, select it once, select all the dwarves you wish to tap, then the game populates all activations of it.

3) many constants/creatures. I saw all the artifacts the dwarfs had out and i wanted to cringe...I had to squint in order to see what he had...I dont know how to fix this design wise, but I just wanted to point it out. My suggestion would be use more of the space that you have(eg the space behind the row of tiny artifacts, where i think constants are put).

Feel free to add your suggestions to this thread or comment on mine.

Thanks!

Eternal Guardian
    I believe they were using space bar to pass priority in the first stream. It will most likely have the ability to put stop blocks at specific phases and let you auto pass to the stops.
    Go Fish

I like the idea of using more space to keep the cards at a visible size. At one point in the game I couldn't tell if the cards were actually cards because they were so small.

Off topic: Was the live stream recorded? If so, can someone point me to a link so I can watch the whole thing. I joined in around 8:30 EST, so I missed the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by mttgamer View Post
    Hi all,
    I didn't see a suggestions sub-forum so I thought I'd toss my suggestions out into general here:

1a) Please hot key "Pass Priority" to the spacebar. I understand why having this is important, but having it mapped to a hot key(like spacebar) would be easier so you dont have to drag your mouse around.

1b) OR rework "Pass Priority" to work like how Dotp is set up where a Player could STOP action to respond to something. I don't think this is the better option(it is an option though), 1a is better imo.

2) Dwarven inspiration engine blueprints(the sacrificing bunny/any card that doesn't have a singular activation). I heard all the clicking that had to happen in order to tap 4 dwarves. That is really inefficient. BUT again, i understand the TCG reasons behind it because if someone queue's up 4 activations of the inspiration engine. My suggestion here is to be able to select multiple targets for it's ability easily, select it once, select all the dwarves you wish to tap, then the game populates all activations of it.

3) many constants/creatures. I saw all the artifacts the dwarfs had out and i wanted to cringe...I had to squint in order to see what he had...I dont know how to fix this design wise, but I just wanted to point it out. My suggestion would be use more of the space that you have(eg the space behind the row of tiny artifacts, where i think constants are put).

Feel free to add your suggestions to this thread or comment on mine.

Thanks!
    They already have hot key mapping, we've seen it used in one or two of the other videos.

Yeah they definitely need a multi-targeting for activated abilities like the engine or like the Blood Ritualist so you can just select all the cards you want to sacrifice/exhaust in one go.

I agree that the cards in the back started getting small, but you can select your opponents cards and zoom in on them so if you are unsure about what a card does you can always check it out that way. They don't have a ton of space to utilize so a swarm or construction deck will probably still need that re-sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pordge View Post
    Off topic: Was the live stream recorded? If so, can someone point me to a link so I can watch the whole thing. I joined in around 8:30 EST, so I missed the first half.
    http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412717902
    The Mushwocky is always hungry.

3) I think I wouldn't mind some cards, like tokens or generated creatures from charge powers stacking with a number above them. This could have cleared up some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolver_the_Zeta View Post
    3) I think I wouldn't mind some cards, like tokens or generated creatures from charge powers stacking with a number above them. This could have cleared up some space.
    they do exactly that in DOTP, and i thought that was an awesome idea . but the problem with hex is that unless they are completely identical you cant stack them. and i've seen a TON of abilities that target creatures and give permanent +X/+X. it works in magic as so few times are a creatures stats modified.

Also take a look at this discussion about similar topic:
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23504

~King tier backer.

I hope they add interesting animaions. Maybe some of the super away mega foil cards could have thier image be some kind of animation, and they could be animated when they attack, block, or use activated abilities. I'm sure animations are planned but i'd love it if they pushed them alittle more than your standard fair.

I believe this might be a thing but, it it would also be cool if you had a signifcant limit to the time you can wait during and opponents turn. if your gonna counter a spell you have 20-30 seconds to do it.