Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince me of Collectors Tier!

Convince me of Collectors Tier!

Hi there!

I have some experience with online TCGs and over the last 2 weeks+ HEX somehow convinced me to throw my money at them. I am most likely going for the King tier as it provides great value for the money invested. I have brooded over the last days if I should go for a higher Tier. I have the money but its still a significant amount of money to pledge for something I havent played yet.

While I enjoy both PVE and PVP, I am more geared towards PvP and wont spend (much) money on Pve, eliminating Dungeon Crawler(oke sold out xD), Raid Leader and Guildmaster.
    ProPlayer is amazing value but its sold out and the added benefit wont kick in after 2 years, so I am not trying to snipe it atm.

If I get Collectors i would be unlikely to trade away the exclusives for the most part, making their value more about the card itself then the potential Trade value.
    Question: Are the exlusive alternate art all rare/legendary?

Most here probably know a lot more about the in and outs of the advantages of the Tiers then I could possibly so here is my main question:

Why should I take the Leap for Collectors!
    (or recommend an even better combo of Tiers that doesnt exceed ~250$)

Thanks for all and any answer ^^

Honestly any of the $250 tiers are worth it for the year of free drafting. After that just pick which of the remaining tiers you think would suit you best.

Question: Are the exlusive alternate art all rare/legendary?
    Yes. Also you get two of each, so that's 12 cards (6 different)

Also you get one year of free drafts, which is pretty sweet aswell as some other nice things as extra packs from set 2 (and 3 if we get to that stretch goal)

They're all rare or legendary, and you get two copies of each of the six.

In addition, you get an additional copy of each King exclusive card, which, when combined with the stretch goal reward of another additional copy of every card (save for Spectral Lotus Garden) means Collectors get 3x every Kickstarter exclusive card except for Spectral Lotus Garden, which they get two of. Collectors are the only $250 tier to get two Spectral Lotus Gardens, as well.
    Collector Tier - I am out of my mind spending this much on a Kickstarter. You better be good, Hex!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiuvath View Post
    Why should I take the Leap for Collectors!
    (or recommend an even better combo of Tiers that doesnt exceed ~250$)
    Pledge to stick it to other Collectors who brood over some mysterious financial gain due to low tier numbers.

You shouldn't. There are no collectors here. The cake is a lie.

You shouldn't go for Collector's, you should go Raid Leader. Collector's gets you a few bonus cards, Raid Leader effects gameplay in a real way. If you plan on spending loads of real money on cards anyway, stick with a King and spend 130$ on Set 2. If you plan on getting gear/cards you can trade for later cards and not have to spend real money (and instead spend time in PvE), RL is almost certainly the way to go.

Master Theorycrafter
    Compared to the player base that could potentially be involved in Hex, there will be a very, very small amount of those AA cards that get released. Given that they're all at least rare, their sheer overall rarity should make them quite valuable cards. It's a similar reason as to why Raid Leaders should be able to get significantly easier group invites - the number of RLs compared to the number of players will be a tiny, tiny fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsonbateman View Post
    Compared to the player base that could potentially be involved in Hex, there will be a very, very small amount of those AA cards that get released. Given that they're all at least rare, their sheer overall rarity should make them quite valuable cards. It's a similar reason as to why Raid Leaders should be able to get significantly easier group invites - the number of RLs compared to the number of players will be a tiny, tiny fraction.
    'cept I think we're all gonna end up grouping up with each other to make the raids really easy, while the rest of the plebs have to do without our blessings

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Don't go Collector, the less of us there are the better.
    Hex TCG Kickstarter Backer - Dungeon Crawler and Collector
    http://raptr.com/badge/larryhl/fs_overall.png