Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened? You missed Black Tiger/Lotus questions.

What happened? You missed Black Tiger/Lotus questions.

I asked this in the twitch stream yesterday, and William said you would be discussing the questions people had about Black Tiger and Spectral lotus - but the very question he responded to was forgotten!

I don't know how to feel - I am happy some other people got their questions answered, but I feel pretty bad I got promised an answer and it never came.

The question: Can we save Black Tigers up and use them in PvE decks instead of refunding them for Spectral lotus cards, and how does the threshold work on the Spectral Lotus (is it permanent, or does it fade at the end of turn, can you combine any number of colours or is it a single colour x3, etc).

I can't see why that is any less important than the void society question.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Yeah...I thought this was the question about Black Tigers/Spectral Lotuses as well. The one that he answered again in the update had been answered already.
    Hex TCG Kickstarter Backer - Dungeon Crawler and Collector
    http://raptr.com/badge/larryhl/fs_overall.png

The answer to your question is yes, though. Black tiger is a valid card to have in your deck, you can run 4 of them if you want, then turn all your lotus's to more tigers and have 8 on the board, when you next make your deck though you'll only be able to run 4 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    The answer to your question is yes, though. Black tiger is a valid card to have in your deck, you can run 4 of them if you want, then turn all your lotus's to more tigers and have 8 on the board, when you next make your deck though you'll only be able to run 4 again.
    Even if that happens to be true, thats only half the total question, and theres reason to believe we won't be able to use the tigers in deckbuilding (they are grey in rarity, and are non-artifact colourless troops, theres a chance that they will only be used to trade in for more lotus's).

I believe they mentioned the Black Tigers are available for deck building when they told us about the card. The Tiger's original color was not grey I believe, people pointed it was in error and got it changed.

They said specifically during the Stream that Spectral Lotus allowed you to choose which threshold you gained. As far as permanent or temporary, the text doesn't day anything about temporary, but they haven't answered this question specifically yet.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps73c2483e.png
    unnamed-council.com

Council Leader - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Gigantisaur
    Kyle said early during the KS that the tiger shouldn't be Grey, or that it was a special case, it's definitely a card you can use for deckbuilding.
    As for the Threshold from Lotus, you choose one of the 5 shards, you get 3 of that threshold and so far all thresholds are permanent (artifact for 1 in the stream that added a threshold)

~

What do you mean by refunding black tigers for lotus cards? I thought once they were black tigers, you couldn't do much with them at all if you had extras (besides auction house)
    twitch.tv/hackychannel - my favorite hex streamer

4 black tigers can be changed into a lotus, but you need a garden to do it.

I have been reading on the forums and watching all the updates, and never saw that about black tigers and deckbuilding (unless it was in the kickstarter comments). I would be very interested to see that if it is true, but I still don't see why the question has to be ignored if it has already been answered (especially when the other questions had both been answered before.)

And every instance of the tiger I see has been grey - I am going to go re-check them all now to make sure.

And I watched the stream, I don't remember them mentioning the lotus and threshold at all, can you tell me if it was early or late in the stream so I can go watch it? And The permanent or not question is still up in the air, unless I missed something else.

Grey just means it was generated by another card, it doesn't automatically disqualify it from deckbuilding. I think it was answered that the threshold was permanent in the stream chat.